Bits and Pieces - September 10, 2013
September 10, 2013
Hugh Hefner recently took his wife Crystal Harris to Disneyland. However, Hefner was said to be greatly disappointed with Fantasyland.
It's reported that LAMAR ODOM worked his way up to an $800-a-day crack habit over the summer! In fact, it got so bad that even his dealer got scared and cut him off last week because he was worried that if Odom died, he'd be busted. However, that didn't stop Lamar as he simply found a new dealer. Things supposedly got bad after the NBA season when Lamar left KHLOE KARDASHIAN and moved into the Roosevelt hotel. TMZ says his room was used like a flop house where Lamar was surrounded by other crack head strangers who came in and out of the room throughout the day and night. Meanwhile, Khloe has a new profile picture on her Twitter page and it doesn't include Lamar.
Here's a major DEXTER spoiler...if you believe the National Enquirer. They say that in the final episode, Dexter kills his sister, Debra. They say that Debra knows too much about his killings and she's become more unraveled than ever. The final episode, titled "Remember the Monsters?" airs on September 22nd.
- FLEETWOOD MAC'S CHRISTINE MCVIE is reportedly open to rejoining the group on their upcoming British tour. Christine retired in 1998 and had ruled out a return, but recently told a British TV host, 'If they ask me, I'd play.' Last year, Stevie Nicks said, "I would say there's no more a chance of [McVie returning] than an asteroid hitting the earth. She is done."
- KANYE WEST will kick off "The Yeezus Tour" on October 19th in Seattle with KENDRICK LAMAR opening all but five dates.
- LORETTA LYNN broke two ribs in a fall at her home. Despite that, she still managed to perform the show at her ranch on August 31st. Lynn later wrote on her Facebook page, "I'm like an accident waiting to happen these days. I was trying to get my guitar down out of my closet, and the dang thing fell on top of me, causing me to fall into my dresser."
- Good Morning America: Lady Gaga performs; TV personality Katie Couric
- CBS This Morning: News correspondents Gwen Ifill and Judy Woodruff
- Today: Billy Crystal; Celine Dion; author Cee Lo Green; TV host Steve Harvey
- Kelly & Michael: Katie Couric; Stacy Keibler ("Supermarket Superstar")
- The View: New co-host Jenny McCarthy; actor Donnie Wahlberg; Michael Buble
- The Talk: Simon Baker; reality TV's June Shannon and Sugar Bear; chef Cat Cora
- Ellen DeGeneres: Ellen's Season 11 Premiere Actress Leah Remini
After the six-year-old son of Kansas City's Simone A. Baker came home with a scratch on his neck, he told his mother that his kindergarten teacher caused it when she punished him for something he'd done. Mom took matters into her own hands and went to the school and told the teacher, "You better not touch my kid again." Simone then proceeded to punch the 49-year-old teacher upside the head five to 10 times before jerking her out of her chair by the hair and smashing the teacher's head against a filing cabinet twice. Simone then ran out of the school building. The teacher was treated and released from a local hospital and the school says it plans to prosecute Simone.
The International Olympic Committee announced that Tokyo will host the 2020 summer games. It was also announced that wrestling would remain an Olympic sport, after it was previously announced that it would be dropped.
Apparently twerking is sometimes best left to Miley. Caitlin Heller tried making a sexy twerk video for her boyfriend when things got a little too hot. Caitlin was nice enough to share the video that shows her going through the motions, including a headstand with the assistance of a door for support. Unfortunately, someone chose to open the door at that precise moment and Caitlin was sent tumbling though an end table filled with lighted candles, which set her pants on fire! The video is now spreading across the Internet like, ahem, wildfire. (See here)
2009: Congressman Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" during President Barack Obama's speech to Congress on health care.
actress Michelle Williams (Dawson's Creek, Brokeback Mountain, Prozac Nation) 33