Bits and Pieces
January 5, 2011
President Obama signed a law to improve the nation's food safety. Under the new safe food law, men will have to put condoms on their zucchinis.
Will LINDSAY LOHAN be heading back to the slammer? Sheriff's investigators in California say they want her charged with battery for last month's altercation with a Betty Ford Center employee, although Lindsay's lawyers say the cops are just out to get her. What happened was Lindsay returned to rehab after curfew and refused to take a Breathalyzer test. Lindsay allegedly shoved the Betty Ford employee, who then called 911, and Lohan ripped the phone away and injured the worker's wrist. However, Lindsay has caught a break in that the worker doesn't want to press charges. The judge in her case has said Lindsay will be tossed in the hoosegow if she violates probation and investigators say she did. By the way, that house in Venice, California that Lindsay rented is right next door to ex-girlfriend Samantha Ronson! Not only is Samantha pissed, so are the neighbors because they're afraid the paparazzi will follow Lindsay there.
Jim Carrey will host SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE this weekend with musical guest The Black Keys. The following week Gwyneth Paltrow will host with musical guest Cee Lo Green.
- THE FOO FIGHTERS have finished work on their next album. They sent out a Tweet this week showing them in a studio about to pour a bottle of champagne with the message, "Ladies and gentlemen, we are officially done." The album will be out sometime this spring.
- How did NICKI MINAJ ring in the New Year? Not the way she was supposed to! Nicki was supposed to appear at Mansion nightclub in Miami, but she was running late. The DJ was forced to turn the clock in the club back six minutes so Nicki could get there for the countdown. Word is that most of the crowd didn't notice.
- Look for TIM MCGRAW on the Martha Stewart Show today. Aside from plugging his upcoming Emotional Traffic Tour and movie Country Strong, they'll be whipping up something in the kitchen.
- Jay Leno: Jamie Foxx; actress Leighton Meester
- David Letterman: Actress Jennifer Connelly
- Jimmy Kimmel: Simon Baker; Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi; Lloyd Banks performs
- Conan: The Kardashian sisters; actor Kevin Nealon; Deerhunter performs
- George Lopez: Denzel Washington; actress Hilary Duff; comic Russell Peters
- Jimmy Fallon: Tim McGraw; actress Emmy Rossum; the Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger performs
- Craig Ferguson: Henry Winkler; cook Paula Deen
- Carson Daly: Writer Frank Darabont; writer Mat Sax; Ra Ra Riot performs
The latest NFL coaching casualty is the Oakland Raiders' Tom Cable. The team informed cable that they're not picking up his option for next season.
Indianapolis' 22-year-old Maurice Davenport and 21-year-old girlfriend Shemika McVey may be looking for new significant others. This after Shemika slashed Maurice on the arm with a kitchen knife. However, Shemika says she only slashed Maurice in self-defense after he hit her. If you're wondering what the tussle was about, she wanted to see his Facebook page and he wouldn't let her.
1961: Mr. Ed made his TV debut
actress Kristin Cavallari (The Hills) 24