Bits and Pieces
January 7, 2011
Nicolas Cage's new movie Season of the Witch opens today. In the film, Cage has to battle a dark and evil force. I think it's called the Internal Revenue Service.
Her name is arrested...JAIME PRESSLY was busted late Wednesday night on DUI charges. Pressly was pulled over in Santa Monica for a traffic violation and then failed a field sobriety test.
PIERS MORGAN has landed a major first guest for his new CNN talk show. OPRAH WINFREY will be his first guest when Piers Morgan Tonight premieres on January 17th.
- THE FOO FIGHTERS are having a contest, called "This Video Sucks," where 11 winning fans will get to direct videos for the songs on their upcoming album that'll air on the Fuse TV channel. You can get the details and see a wacky promotional video the band did at ThisVideoSucks.FooFighters.com.
- SNOOP DOGG says he and Wiz Khalifa are working on a movie together called "High School." It'll go straight to DVD on April 20th - yes 4/20.
- TOBY KEITH is taking his I Love This Bar and Grill to Cincinnati. The new location will be his ninth and will open this summer. It'll feature live music six nights a week, a mechanical bull and an 88-foot guitar shaped bar.
- ABC: Supernanny, Prime Time What Would You Do and 20/20 are new
- CBS: Medium and CSI: NY are new, plus a Mentalist repeat
- Fox: Cotton Bowl: LSU vs. Texas A&M
- NBC: Minute to Win It and Dateline
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural repeats
- ESPN: NBA hoops with the Rockets at Magic and Knicks at Suns
- ESPN2: College football NCAA Division I Final: Delaware vs. Eastern Washington
The Dallas Cowboys have named Jason Garrett as their new head coach. Garrett finished the season 5-3 after taking over for Wade Phillips after a 1-7 start.
A pair of unnamed Orlando crooks devised an ingenious plan to make a clean getaway following their armed robbery. The crooks called 911 to report a carjacking in progress in order to divert police away from them. That plan might've worked had the robbers not given police an accurate description of their own car. As you might guess, police quickly zeroed in on the suspected carjackers, which turned out to be our stupid criminal friends instead.
2005: Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston announced they were separating after four years of marriage
actor Dustin Diamond (Saved By the Bell) 34