Bits and Pieces
January 11, 2011
Charlie Sheen spent the weekend in Las Vegas with three porn stars. That makes Charlie the only visitor to Las Vegas this weekend that didn't get three cherries.
There's bad news for everyone on the National Enquirer's Death Watch staff. MICHAEL DOUGLAS will be on Dateline tonight with Matt Lauer and he says his tumor is gone and there's a good chance he's beaten cancer. There are some side effects such as dry mouth and he still has a few monthly checkups to clear and more weight to put back on after losing about 30 pounds. Still, it's a lot better than the alternative!
Most of the cast of SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND has been announced. Aside from the usual cast of characters, it includes former NFL players Grant Mattos and Steve Wright. Yet to be announced later this week are two former Survivor contestants who will return for another shot.
- COLDPLAY'S CHRIS MARTIN says the band's upcoming album will focus on "love, addiction, OCD, escape and working for someone you don't like." He also calls it "a thinly veiled account of what happens within the group." It's due sometime this year.
- SHAKIRA is back on the market after she and her boyfriend of almost 11 years broke up. It turns out they broke it off last summer, but she just got around to putting it on her blog now. Apparently there was no drama and they're still friends
- FAITH HILL is teaming up with Teleflora to create "The Collection by Faith Hill." The bouquet will be unveiled during their Super Bowl commercial, which conveniently comes just days before Valentine's day.
- ABC: No Ordinary Family, V and Detroit 187 are new
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and The Good Wife are new
- Fox: A Glee rerun, plus a new Million Dollar Money Drop
- NBC: The Biggest Loser and Parenthood are new
- CW: One Tree Hill and Life Unexpected repeats
- ESPN: College hoops with Wisconsin at Michigan State
- ESPN2: College hoops with Texas at Texas Tech
- Versus: Hockey with the Flyers at Sabres
Auburn won the BCS championship by defeating Oregon 22-19 on a 19-yard field goal by Wes Byrum with no time left. It capped a perfect 14-0 season for Auburn and gave them their first national title since 1957.
This is not what they mean by 'cut the cards'! Madison, Wisconsin's 44-year-old Khom Koeum had some friends over to watch football on TV, drink, and play cards. However, it's that second activity that likely led to the end of the card game. One of the guests said he had several hundred dollars on the card table when Khom ended the game by waving meat cleavers at his guests. Alas, a police officer trumps a cleaver and Khom wound up in jail.
2010: Simon Cowell announced that he would leave American Idol at the end of the current season
actress Amanda Peet (Something's Gotta Give, The Whole 10 Yards, 2012) 39