Bits and Pieces
January 12, 2011
Actress Kirstie Alley is 56 today. Coincidentally, if you're thinking of getting her a gift, 56 is also her dress size.
MICHAEL JACKSON'S personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, has been ordered to stand trial for involuntary manslaughter. The judge also ordered Murray's medical license to be suspended as a condition of his bail. That really hurts Murray because he's on shaky financial ground and he's argued that he needs to practice to make enough money to pay his legal team. No word on when the trial will start, but Murray could face up to four years in prison if convicted.
Fox is bringing back their sitcom RAISING HOPE for a second season with new episodes returning on February 8th. Fox honchos also say they want "HOUSE" and "BONES" back, although deals have yet to be made.
- GREEN DAY has released a trailer for upcoming live CD/DVD set Awesome As F**k. The set is due in March. (See and hear here)
- 50 CENT earned $8.7 million on Monday just for Tweeting. Fiddy hyped shares of the penny stock of H&H Imports by urging his Twitter followers to invest. He has a stake in the company and there's no word yet on whether that sort of Tweet was legal.
- JEWEL posted a message on her blog yesterday that she and husband Ty Murray are expecting a baby. Jewel says she was on the set of her upcoming Bravo show, 'Going Platinum,' when she found out about her pregnancy and says she's in her second trimester.
- Jay Leno: Seth Rogen; TV host Brady Barr; Betty LaVette performs
- David Letterman: Kevin James; actress Olivia Munn; Blake Shelton performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Sandra Oh; actors Rico Rodriguez, Nolan Gould and Ariel Winter; Fitz & the Tantrums perform
- Conan: Denis Leary; comic Tim Minchin; Ice Cube
- George Lopez: Roseanne Barr; actor Danny Pudi; El DeBarge; Faith Evans; Michael Bearden; The Ese Vatos performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Paul Giamatti; singer Faith Hill; Cake performs
- Craig Ferguson: David Duchovny; nanny Jo Frost
- Carson Daly: "Catfish" filmmakers; rapper Big Freedia; The Morning Benders
Monday night's BCS Championship Game between Auburn and Oregon on ESPN was the most-watched cable telecast ever with 27.3 million people tuning in.
South Elgin, Illinois' 36-year-old Kevin M. Page stopped by Buffalo Wild Wings and ran up a $20,000 tab. Actually, that's what a judge set Page's bail at after his dinner. While enjoying his wings, Page began talking with another man. The conversation grew more heated until Page threw a bar stool and hit the other man in the face with a beer glass. Page was soon winging it to jail and if you're wondering what caused the outburst, the two argued about whose school is better.
1981: The ABC prime-time soap Dynasty premiered
musician Rob Zombie 45