Bits and Pieces
January 14, 2011
Justin Bieber had to be rushed to the hospital yesterday. The good news is doctors have upgraded Bieber's condition from 'acute' to 'adorable.'
KELSEY GRAMMER isn't commenting about estranged wife CAMILLE GRAMMER'S insinuations that he likes to dress up in women's clothing. However, friends of Kelsey are coming to his defense. They say flight attendant Kayte Walsh didn't end their marriage and that it was pretty much over shortly after they tied the knot. Not surprisingly, this supposed friend says Camille just married Kelsey for the money and fame. Kelsey is trying to get a quickie divorce from Camille so he can marry Kayte and settle the financial details later. But, Camille isn't going for that and has filed legal papers to stop the quickie divorce. Still, Kelsey was on David Letterman's show last night and said that he and Kayte are getting married next month. Incidentally, Kelsey didn't sign a pre-nup with Camille and even though Kayte has offered to sign one, Kelsey still won't do it.
Look for the cast of GLEE on "THE CLEVELAND SHOW" this Sunday. But, keep your eyes peeled because it's a 'blink and you'll miss it' cameo.
- JANE'S ADDICTION has begun recording their next album and Dave Navarro says the album will go in a different direction than their previous work. They're hoping to have it finished and ready to release by this summer and then hit the road, but they're not putting any timetable pressures on themselves.
- DRAKE is working on new songs with the xx member Jamie Smith and Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine. No word on whose album the tunes may surface on, but we should be hearing them sometime this year.
- TOBY KEITH will perform on the Grand Ol' Opry for the first time in over eight years on January 29th. Toby's only other appearance on the Opry was on December 14th, 2002.
- ABC: Supernanny, Prime Time What Would You Do and 20/20 are new
- CBS: Medium and CSI: NY are new, plus a Mentalist repeat
- Fox: Two Kitchen Nightmares reruns
- NBC: A Minute to Win It rerun and a new Dateline
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural repeats
- ESPN: NBA hoops with the Mavericks at Spurs and Blazers at Suns
Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton has announced he'll leave Auburn to enter the NFL draft just three days after leading the Tigers to the school's second national championship.
We've replaced the money in the Flagler County, Florida Sheriff's evidence room with paper towels...let's see if anyone will notice. The answer was yes and because of that Deputy Matthew Koenig was arrested. Deputy Koenig was an evidence technician and thought no one would miss the $4,847 in seized funds he swiped and replaced with the towels. Apparently the deputy missed cop shop on the day they demonstrated how DNA evidence can be used to catch a suspect.
1993: David Letterman announced that he would be leaving NBC for CBS in August
commentator Andy Rooney (60 Minutes) 92