Bits and Pieces
January 17, 2011
The Golden Globe Awards were handed out last night. My favorite part of the show was when they handed out the award for Best Adult Actress in a Charlie Sheen hotel room.
Doctors amputated ZSA ZSA GABOR'S right leg above the knee on Friday. An infection had set into the leg and antibiotics couldn't cure it. On the bright side, they had said there was only a 50-50 chance she'd survive the operation, and Zsa Zsa made it through okay. Her husband says she's talking and eating ice cream but that she was on morphine and wasn't aware of the amputation yet.
Not only is STEVE CARELL leaving THE OFFICE after this season, he isn't even staying around until the season finale. Producers say Carell's farewell episode will happen before the May ratings period. KATHY BATES will be back as CEO Jo Bennett to help choose his successor.
- KID ROCK celebrated his birthday on Saturday with about 45,000 friends at Detroit's Ford Field. Kid was joined onstage by Uncle Kracker and Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno sent video greetings that played on the stadium's big screens.
- THE GAME had to be hospitalized on Thursday night because of an accident while filming a music video with Snoop Dogg in downtown L.A. In the video, Game smashes a guitar, but a jagged guitar piece sliced his finger open. (See here)
- KENNY CHESNEY has some major touring plans set for this year. His Going Coastal tour will kick off on March 17th in West Palm Beach. Billy Currington and Uncle Kracker will be the opening acts and The Zac Brown Band will show up for the stadium shows.
- Today: Golden Globes; actress Kathy Bates; James Blunt performs; TV personalities Lisa Rinna and Jonathan Antin
- Good Morning America: Piers Morgan; Golden Globe fashion
- CBS Early Show: Golden Globes red carpet fashion
- Regis & Kelly: David Duchovny; actress Kathy Bates
- The View: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.); Piers Morgan; Nichelle Nichols
- Ellen DeGeneres: Seth Rogen; reality TV star Deena Nicole Cortese; Bruno Mars
Former Oakland Raiders coach Tom Cable has filed a grievance against owner Al Davis. He says Davis deducted $20,000 from each of his paychecks until he had withheld $120,000 in fines.
An unidentified 27-year old Clinton, Montana man, whom we'll call Samuel Adams, was spinning donuts in a parking lot before he hit the road. After illegally passing one vehicle, Samuel tried to pass another when he lost control, drove up a hill and flipped his pickup truck. When officers arrived on the scene they found Samuel drinking a beer inside his vehicle. Yes, he was charged with DUI and, if convicted, it would be his fifth.
1996: Talk show host Phil Donahue announced he was retiring after 29 years on the air.
actress Betty White (Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls, Hot In Cleveland) 89