Bits and Pieces
January 21, 2011
The Feds busted over 100 alleged mobsters yesterday. They say the arrests are a serious setback to organized crime, racketeering and a Sopranos reunion movie.
Over the holidays LINDSAY LOHAN got into that skirmish with Betty Ford worker Dawn Holland and there were rumors that Lindsay had been drinking. Authorities were ready to nail her for a probation violation, but then all of a sudden Holland stopped cooperating and wanted the matter dropped. It sounded kind of fishy and now RadarOnline.com is saying Lindsay's people cut a $25,000 deal with Holland to zip it. However, that deal is falling apart. First, Holland objected when team Lindsay wanted to spread the payments over a few months. Then they cut a new deal where Lindsay and Dawn would sit down together for an interview that would be shopped to various media outlets. That deal also fell apart and Holland has now fired her lawyer over it. The now former lawyer isn't talking, other than to confirm he's no longer working for Holland. It's also not known if Lindsay was in the loop or if her people were doing these deals behind her back.
Ratings for the season premiere of AMERICAN IDOL were down 13 percent from last year. Still, over 26 million people tuned in, which isn't too shabby.
- SLASH says VELVET REVOLVER is currently auditioning for a new singer and one of the candidates is a guy that's definitely pretty well-known.
- DIDDY announced that he and his group Dirty Money will be playing a free show in London in the next few weeks.
- ALAN JACKSON has parted ways with Sony Music Nashville after nearly 22 years. The label calls it an amicable parting and says that Alan has delivered his final recordings to the company. Alan's manager says they're in negotiations with three record labels.
- ABC: Supernanny, Prime Time What Would You Do and 20/20 are new
- CBS: A new Medium and two CSI: NY repeats
- Fox: Kitchen Nightmares and Fringe are new
- NBC: A Minute to Win It rerun and a new Dateline
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural repeats
- ESPN: NBA hoops with the Knicks at Spurs and Lakers at Nuggets
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady underwent surgery on his right foot yesterday. Word is the operation went well and he'll be ready for training camp.
Norwell, Massachusetts' 37-year-old Gayle Drummond lost control of her car, plowed into a snow bank, got out of the vehicle and took off her pants. The last part should clue you in that it wasn't so much hazardous driving conditions that caused Gayle to crash, but the open box of Samuel Adams Light on the floor of her car. A motorist who witnessed the incident called police, who arrested Gayle for her third DUI and they added child endangerment charges after finding the unpantsed Gayle's undiapered baby in the backseat.
1976: The supersonic Concorde made its first flight to America
actress Geena Davis (Thelma and Louise, Beetlejuice, A League Of Their Own) 54