Bits and Pieces
January 24, 2011
The Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears 21-14 to advance to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately for the Packers, Brett Favre is doubtful.
OPRAH WINFREY is promising a major reveal about herself on her show today. All she's saying is that it'll be a reunion and that it involves something she's learned about recently and is known to only a few people close to her. Oprah says she was given some news recently that shook her to the core.
There will be some new romances and breakups on GLEE this season. Sam and Quinn will break up and Sam will start dating Santana, while Quinn will go back to her old boyfriend, Finn. The new season begins on Super Bowl Sunday.
- STEVEN TYLER now claims he turned down an offer to join LED ZEPPELIN. After Zeppelin's reunion show a few years back there was talk of a tour, but Robert Plant refused to take part. Jimmy Page's manager and Tyler go way back and he asked Steven to jam with the guys, which he did. However, when it came down to it, Tyler's loyalty to Aerosmith won out.
- It looks like CIARA is off the market. Ciara is reportedly seeing New York Knicks star Amar'e Stoudemire. Ciara had been dating 50 Cent, but broke it off after he reportedly hooked up with Chelsea Handler.
- EDDIE MONTGOMERY of MONTGOMERY GENTRY has completed a successful treatment for prostate cancer and his doctor says he's now cancer-free.
- Today: Dollar stores; spring skirt fashion; recipes to cook for a date
- Good Morning America: A royal wedding update
- CBS Early Show: Former NFL player Dennis Byrd
- Regis & Kelly: Actor Anthony Hopkins
- The View: Bachelor Brad Womack; performance from Sister Act: The Musical
- Ellen DeGeneres: Minnie Driver
Las Vegas sports books have made the Green Bay Packers 2.5-point favorites over the Pittsburgh Steelers to win the Super Bowl on February 6th. So far, the prognosticators have been right as the Packers were 3.5-point favorites over the Bears in the NFC title game, while the Steelers were 4-point favorites over the Jets.
Douglasville, Georgia's 19-year-old Barry Smith Jr. was booked into the Fulton County Jail in February 2009 on 22 charges, including aggravated assault, armed robbery, auto theft, and participating in a street gang. Lately, Smith has been allowed to leave the jail with an ankle monitor so he can look for work. Last week, Smith and some friends went to Jeweler's Touch, but it wasn't to look for work. Smith took part in a smash-and-grab jewelry heist. Yes, the ankle bracelet allowed police to place him at the crime scene and he'll now be staying in jail full time.
2003: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security began operations.
actress Mischa Barton (The OC, The Sixth Sense, Notting Hill) 25