Bits and Pieces
January 26, 2011
President Obama gave his State of the Union address last night. There was one shocking moment when Obama introduced his long-lost half-sister.
MICHAEL JACKSON'S doctor, Conrad Murray, was in court yesterday to plead not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges. Michael's family members were on hand as Dr. Murray entered his plea, saying: "Your honor, I am an innocent man. I definitely plead not guilty." The trial will begin March 28th with a pretrial hearing on February 7th when they'll discuss whether to televise the trial and other issues. Meanwhile, another one of Michael's doctors, dermatologist Arnie Klein, has filed for bankruptcy. In his documents, Klein says he owes between $1 and $10 million. (More on Michael in Musical Notes)
MTV has announced that Season Four of JERSEY SHORE will be filmed in Italy. However, Ronnie's indictment on an assault charge over a fight he got into on the show could prevent him from going to Italy. They're due to film this spring.
- Nine Inch Nails' TRENT REZNOR could become an Oscar winner next month. Reznor and collaborator Atticus Ross picked up an Oscar nomination for Best Score for their work in the movie The Social Network.
- JAY SEAN and LIL WAYNE have re-teamed for a new track called 'Hit the Lights.' It'll be on Jay's next album, Freeze Time, which is due this spring. Hit the Lights has leaked online and will go on sale digitally February 8th.
- RONNIE DUNN has recorded his first song since parting ways with Kix Brooks. It's called Bleed Red and you can hear a 30-second snippet at RonnieDunn.com. He'll have the full song online this Sunday.
- Jay Leno: Annette Bening; comic Frank Caliendo; Amos Lee performs
- David Letterman: Vince Vaughn; Mike Wolfe; Frank Fritz; Cage the Elephant
- Jimmy Kimmel: Amy Poehler; Cold War Kids perform
- Conan: Jon Cryer; Nick Thune; Motorhead performs
- George Lopez: Jason Statham; Busy Philipps; Wiz Khalifa performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Steven Tyler; Chace Crawford; Two Door Cinema Club
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Betty White
- Carson Daly: Director Danny Boyle; actor Rob Zabrecky; Two Door Cinema Club
Michael Vick signed his first endorsement deal since his prison release. It's with Unequal Technologies, which makes the football pads he wore most of last season.
Chicago car salesman John Stone says that when general manager Jerry Roberts called him over to his office last Sunday and ordered him to take off the Green Bay Packers tie he was wearing or else he'd be fired, Stone said he thought Roberts was joking and went back to work. An hour later, Roberts repeated his demand to Stone and when he refused to take the tie off, Roberts made good on his promise and fired Stone. And why didn't Stone just take the tie off? He wore it in honor of his late grandma, who was a Packers fan and was buried two days before her team played the Bears in the NFC Championship game. The good news is a rival car dealer has offered Stone a job.
1986: The Chicago Bears beat the New England Patriots 46-10 in Super Bowl XX
actress Sara Rue (The Ring, Less Than Perfect, Can't Hardly Wait) 32