Bits and Pieces
February 1, 2011
On this date in 2004, Janet Jackson had her Super Bowl 'wardrobe malfunction.' Of course, it caused anger and outrage. That's because it happened so quickly, most guys didn't get to see it.
It turns out that CHARLIE SHEEN isn't in rehab - rehab has come to Charlie! According to his rep, Charlie was hounded by every rehab facility in the country looking for his cash and the publicity, so he just decided to have a sober coach come to him. However, those close to him think that's not enough and he needs full-blown rehab. The problem is, Charlie still doesn't think he has a problem, even though they say he spent more than $500,000 on escorts and drugs in the last six months!
DEREK HOUGH is taking a break from the next season of DANCING WITH THE STARS. He's going to be starring in a dance-themed movie called Cobu 3D.
- KINGS OF LEON had to postpone some March overseas dates due to drummer Nathan Followill's torn bicep. He's now undergoing therapy for it, but he won't be ready in time for the tour dates.
- CHRIS BROWN has completed the domestic violence counseling program that was part of his sentence for assaulting Rihanna. That means Brown won't have to appear in court every three months for progress hearings, but he still has the rest of his five years of probation to serve.
- MIRANDA LAMBERT will kick off her Revolution Continues tour on February 24th in St. Louis. Justin Moore and newcomer Josh Kelley will open the shows.
- ABC: A No Ordinary Family rerun; plus a new V and Detroit 187
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and The Good Wife are new
- Fox: A Glee rerun and a new Million Dollar Money Drop
- NBC: The Biggest Loser and Parenthood are new
- CW: One Tree Hill and Hellcats (Guests: 3OH!3) are new
- ESPN: College hoops with Purdue at Wisconsin
- ESPN2: College hoops with Baylor at Oklahoma
- Versus: Hockey with the Penguins at Rangers and Coyotes at Sharks
The Pittsburgh Steelers' Troy Polamalu was voted the Associated Press 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. He edged the Packers' Clay Matthews by two votes.
Stone Mountain, Georgia's 35-year-old Tawander Simmons went to Stephenson High School on Friday morning and checked her son and two of his friends out of class. Unfortunately, the kids won't be getting any extra credit. It seems Tawander took the kids to a local Wells Fargo bank with at least one handgun and made an unauthorized withdrawal. Unbeknownst to the gang, a customer saw what was going on and when our friends made their getaway the customer followed them and called 911. The police soon picked up the chase and after they crashed into some railroad tracks police made an authorized deposit in jail.
1976: The Sonny and Cher show returned to TV despite their real life divorce.
actress Lauren Conrad (The Hills, Epic Movie) 25