Bits and Pieces
February 2, 2011
Today is Ground Hog Day. Earlier today Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of Hollywood awards shows.
The dirt is coming out on the HALLE BERRY - GABRIEL AUBRY custody battle and they're accusing each other of being green-eyed monsters. Word is that during his brief fling with Kim Kardashian last year, Halle would call, screaming and swearing at him in a jealous rage and gave him a 'Kim or your daughter' ultimatum. That prompted Gabriel to break things off with Kim and go to court to get the custody arrangements in writing, which really tweaked Halle off. However, she says Gabriel is petty, jealous and irresponsible and that he endangered their daughter by being inattentive while caring for her. It could get down to 'put up or shut up' time soon as Gabriel supposedly has some unflattering voicemails that Halle left for him. Aubry's rep issued a statement saying he's disappointed in Halle's decision to falsely malign him publicly and for her own purposes.
GLEE'S Super Bowl episode will kick off with the kids performing Katy Perry's "California Gurls." (See and hear a clip here)
- There's nothing official yet, but Amazon.com in Germany is listing a May 27th release date for U2'S next album.
- GUCCI MANE has released a new mixtape he recorded mainly with British producers called The Burrrtish Edition. Guests include Nicki Minaj, Estelle and Swizz Beatz.
- The Academy of Country Music Awards nominations were announced yesterday and MIRANDA LAMBERT led the way with seven nominations as she and Ronnie Dunn announced the nominees. KENNY CHESNEY and ZAC BROWN BAND were next with five nominations each. (See the entire list here)
- Jay Leno: Jesse Eisenberg; actress Jennifer Lawrence; Ryan Bingham performs
- David Letterman: Kate Walsh; comic Jim Gaffigan; Boxer Rebellion performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Josh Brolin; Tinie Tempah performs
- Conan: Kobe Bryant; comic Jamie Kilstein
- George Lopez: Basketball Player Derek Fisher; Actress Mindy Kaling; Jasper Redd performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Samuel L. Jackson; Larry the Cable Guy; Phantogram performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Jim Parsons; comic Kurt Metzger
- Carson Daly: Journalist Rich Eisen; Screaming Females perform
Tom Brady was named The Associated Press NFL Offensive Player of the Year. It's the second time in four seasons Brady has won the award. Michael Vick was runner-up.
Corey King and two of his pals went hiking in the Big Sur Mountains. The bad news is, the group wasn't equipped for the snowstorm that rolled in. The good news is, they had cell phones and were able to call to report that one of them was near hypothermia and their dog couldn't walk. A search team arrived with warm clothing and medical assistance and it was a happy ending. Except for the 22-year-old Corey. The bad news is deputies learned that he was wanted on several felony warrants and he was given a nice, cozy jail cell to warm up in.
1876: Baseball's National League was formed
comedian Tommy Smothers 74