Bits and Pieces
February 3, 2011
Yesterday was Ground Hog Day and Punxsutawney Phil predicted that spring was right around the corner. Of course, he also predicted Hot Tub Time Machine would win an Oscar.
Will LINDSAY LOHAN get a set of handcuffs to go with her new necklace? A jewelry store in Venice, California says Lindsay swiped a $2,500 necklace from them. So far, Lindsay has offered up a couple of excuses. First, Lindsay said it was B.S. and that she doesn't have any necklace and called the owner of the store 'nuts.' Then she said the necklace was loaned to her by her stylist and the stylist didn't return it on time. Unfortunately for her, the jewelry store had surveillance video of Lindsay trying the necklace on and walking out with it. Lindsay's stylist turned the necklace in Tuesday night after tabloid reports said the cops were getting a search warrant for Lindsay's house. Lindsay has had a chat with her probation officer about the matter and the D.A. should decide this week whether to press charges.
MTV is bringing back BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD for new adventures. The show originally ran from 1993 to1997 and their movie, Beavis and Butt-head Do America came out in 1996. No word on when the new episodes will begin.
- THE WHITE STRIPES announced yesterday that they're splitting up and "will make no further new recordings or perform live." They said there was a "myriad of reasons" for the split, but the main reason was to "preserve what is beautiful and special about the band."
- THE BLACK EYED PEAS are going to have some company during the Super Bowl halftime show. USHER and former Guns 'N Roses guitarist SLASH are going to make surprise appearances...so don't tell anybody! Black Eyed Pea will.i.am is featured on Usher's "O.M.G." and Slash has performed Guns 'N Roses' "Sweet Child o' Mine" on tour with the Black Eyed Peas, so there's the connection.
- ALAN JACKSON is set to add another honor to his ever growing collection. He'll be inducted into the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Star Trail of Fame on March 18th. On that night Jackson will become only the fifth entertainer in history to perform in front of one million Rodeo Houston fans.
- Today: Chinese New Year; chef Sunny Anderson
- Good Morning America: Author Andrea Buchanan ("Live and Let Love")
- CBS Early Show: Actor Johnny Galecki
- Regis & Kelly: Justin Bieber
- The View: Actress Kate Walsh ("Private Practice")
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actress Jennifer Aniston
New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick won The Associated Press 2010 NFL Coach of the Year award yesterday. It was the third win for Belichick, who now trails only Don Shula, who won the award four times.
Apparently 38-year-old New York postal worker Thomas Tang never heard of Groupon. Tang won't be going into space, but he could be going to jail as he's been charged with stealing coupons addressed to those on his postal route and selling them at steep discounts on eBay. Tang allegedly stole more than 7,000 coupons and made $35,000 from JC Penny coupons alone. Tang told police that he has two small children and his wife is pregnant and this was the only way he could avoid having his house foreclosed on.
2008: The New York Giants upset the New England Patriots 17-14 to win the Super Bowl and spoil the Patriots' perfect season.
actress Blythe Danner (Meet The Fockers, Mr. & Mrs. Bridge, Huff) 68