Bits and Pieces
February 10, 2011
Married New York Congressman Christopher Lee has resigned after he was caught answering a woman's personal ad on Craigslist. Apparently it was under the 'Women seeking cheating politicians' section.
LINDSAY LOHAN pleaded not guilty to felony grand theft charges yesterday over that $2,500 necklace. However, that didn't stop the judge from reading her the riot act. He told Lindsay she was no different than anyone else and if she didn't follow the rules, she'd go to jail. During the hearing it was revealed Lindsay's lawyer and prosecutors were going to try and work out a plea bargain and Lindsay even offered to take a lie detector test. However, prosecutors shot that down because they didn't feel polygraphs were accurate and because they feel they've got the goods on her. They say Lindsay has a reputation of helping herself to other people's stuff. She was suspected of taking a $400,000 necklace in 2009 from an Elle Magazine photo shoot, she was accused of stealing a $12,000 mink coat in 2008 from a New York nightclub and she was accused of taking a $35,000 Rolex from a friend in 2010. There's also the fact that Lindsay has thumbed her nose at the legal system and has blown off court appearances and alcohol testing.
SIMON COWELL wants to give you $5 million! Actually, he wants people to audition for his new X Factor show with the $5 million grand prize. Auditions will be held in Miami, New York, Seattle, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Chicago in front of live audiences. You can get more details on the Fox website. (See and hear Simon talk about it here)
- A film on KURT COBAIN will make its debut on The Documentary Channel on what would've been his 44th birthday on February 20th. The film is based on more than 25 hours of never-before-heard interviews by Rolling Stone music journalist Michael Azerrad for his book, Come As You Are: The Story of Nirvana.
- THE GAME is $91,000 lighter in the wallet. The Game was sued by jewelry company Lemmerman's Inc., who claimed he ordered some custom jewelry that he never paid for. The judge agreed and ordered him to pay up.
- It turns out that those benefit concerts that GARTH BROOKS did back in December for flood relief in Tennessee brought in $4.35 million and counting. When it's all said and done, they expect that $5 million will be raised.
- Today: Elton John; flowers; butt implants
- Good Morning America: Jennifer Aniston; author Susan Engel
- CBS Early Show: Lingerie fashion; breakfast cook-off
- Regis & Kelly: Elton John performs
- The View: Jennifer Aniston; football player Michael Oher
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor Ben McKenzie; Adam Lambert performs
The NFL is being sued by fans that ended up with no seats or what they considered obstructed views of the Super Bowl. The fans have filed a class-action lawsuit against the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys and team owner Jerry Jones.
Police in Marathon, Florida say 19-year-old Kenneth White broke into Windswept Appliance and Air Conditioning. And how can they be so sure? When cops answered the silent alarm call, they arrived to find Kenneth pulling his pants up as a pornographic movie was playing on a computer screen in front of him.
1961: The Los Angeles Chargers of the AFL moved to San Diego
actress Emma Roberts (Nancy Drew, Hotel For Dogs, Valentine's Day) 20