Bits and Pieces
February 11, 2011
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is 47 today. Unfortunately, Sarah is demanding a $100,000 fee to appear at her party.
Has the teenage dream turned into a nightmare for KATY PERRY and RUSSELL BRAND? If you believe Life & Style magazine, Katy has started asking friends to recommend marriage counselors. The problem seems to be their careers. While Russell has been filming 'Arthur' primarily in Los Angeles and New York, Katy has been performing all over the world.
The next DANCING WITH THE STARS cast won't officially be revealed until the February 28th episode of The Bachelor. However, the hot new rumor has Brett Favre joining the show, although he may flunk the family values test. Other names being mentioned are Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen's ex, Brooke Mueller, Lorenzo Lamas, Ashley Simpson and Mischa Barton.
- METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett says they'll head back into the studio in May to begin a secret project. He says they want to record it in two weeks, but that it's not really 100 percent a Metallica record. He calls it 'a recording project,' but won't elaborate.
- JAY-Z and KANYE WEST reportedly rented out an entire floor of New York's Mercer Hotel to finish recording their upcoming album, Watch The Throne. No word on why a recording studio wouldn't do.
- If you have trouble expressing your feelings on Valentine's Day, let BLAKE SHELTON help! Go to BlakeShelton.com and customize one of his Blake Mail greetings such as "I 'Balls' You," "I Can't Wait to See...Who You Are When I'm Not Looking" and "On This Special Day...You Can Kiss My Country Ass."
- ABC: The special Be My Valentine Charlie Brown, plus a new 20/20
- CBS: The Defenders and CSI: NY are new, plus a Blue Bloods rerun
- Fox: Kitchen Nightmares and Fringe are new
- NBC: A new Who Do You Think You Are? (Guest: Tim McGraw) and two new Datelines
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural are new
- ESPN: NBA hoops with the Lakers at Knicks and Suns at Jazz
The NFL canceled the second day of a planned two-day bargaining session with the Players Association after the players proposed taking an average of 50 percent of all revenue generated by the league.
Minneapolis nurse Sarah Casareto told a patient who was screaming and writhing in agony during surgery to go to his "happy place" and to "man up" because she couldn't give him more medication. Well, actually Nurse Sarah could've given him more had she not shot up the painkiller meant for him into herself. Staff later told police that they were suspicious of Sarah during the operation because it was unusual for a patient to experience so much pain, and because she acted intoxicated, stopped attending to the patient and fell asleep. Nurse Sarah is charged with theft of a controlled substance.
2006: Vice President Dick Cheney shot a friend while quail hunting in Texas.
actor Taylor Lautner (Twilight, Valentine's Day, Cheaper By The Dozen 2) 29