Bits and Pieces
February 16, 2011
A Scottish Deerhound won Best in Show at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show last night. It's just nice to see something short with shaggy hair getting attention besides Justin Bieber.
There was a story going around yesterday that former Malcolm in the Middle star FRANKIE MUNIZ got into an argument with his girlfriend and put a gun to his head, possibly with the intent of committing suicide. The girlfriend also claimed that Frankie punched her in the head. However, Frankie's reps are telling a different story. The rep says they had an argument and while Frankie does have a gun, he didn't pull it out and later turned it over to police when they came to the house to investigate. The rep also denied that Frankie hit his girlfriend and that they're "moving forward with their lives and with their relationship".
LINDSAY LOHAN will do the Top Ten list on DAVID LETTERMAN'S show tomorrow night. Lindsay will appear via satellite from L.A., which may be good since her frienemy PARIS HILTON will be in the studio with Dave.
- THE FOO FIGHTERS have revealed that their new album will be called Wasting Light. It's due out on April 12th with the first single, called Rope, due March 1st.
- Following the Grammys there was a rumor going around that EMINEM was boycotting the awards show in the future because he was steamed about winning only two of the 10 awards he was nominated for this year. However, his rep says there's no truth to the story.
- An original painting by BRAD PAISLEY sold for $5,500 at a charity auction to benefit the Nashville Film Festival.
- Jay Leno: Charles Barkley; Jenni "JWoww" Farley; Red performs
- David Letterman: Amos Lee performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Javier Bardem; TV personality Flavor Flav; Stone Sour performs
- Conan: Martin Lawrence; actor Fred Armisen; comic Reggie Watts
- George Lopez: Liam Neeson; Eddie Griffin
- Jimmy Fallon: Rosie O'Donnell; actor Brandon T. Jackson; Odd Future performs
- Craig Ferguson: TBA
- Carson Daly: Actor Michael Rapaport; YelaWolf performs
The Philadelphia Eagles placed the franchise tag on quarterback Michael Vick while the Indianapolis Colts did likewise for Peyton Manning.
Normally, if a judge sentences you to jail, that would be about as low as your day could go. That wasn't the case for Sarasota County, Florida's Neil Lansing. After he was sentenced, jailers did a routine check of his person and found part of a condom sticking out of his butt. It may not be what you're thinking. Deputies say the condom contained 17 round blue pills, one cigarette, six matches, one flint, one empty syringe with an eraser over the needle, one lip balm container, one additional unused condom, a receipt from CVS pharmacy and a paper coupon. The 33-year-old Lansing now faces additional charges and is being held without bail.
2005: The NHL cancelled its season due to a labor dispute
tennis' John McEnroe 52