Bits and Pieces
February 17, 2011
Watson the IBM computer beat humans Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter on Jeopardy! However, there was one embarrassing moment on the show when Alex Trebek caught Watson downloading porn.
JUSTIN BIEBER sat down for an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, and what he had to say is bound tick off some people. When asked if kids should wait until they're married to have sex, he would only say they should wait for the person they're in love with. For Bieber, that could well be Selena Gomez, seeing as how they said the screen saver on his computer is a picture of them together. Justin also said he doesn't believe in abortion, even in the case of rape. He also said he'd never become a U.S. citizen because Americans are 'evil.' He was mainly referring to health care, saying that in his native Canada, which he called the best country in the world, health care is free for everyone.
CHARLIE SHEEN is heading back to work. Production will resume on TWO AND A HALF MEN on February 28th.
- DEFTONES fans in Bangkok rioted and set fires outside the venue this week when the band was forced to cancel their show due to electrical issues over an hour after they were supposed to go on. (See and hear here)
- LIL KIM says her "Black Friday" mixtape has set a record by selling more than 113,000 copies through PayPal in 28 hours. However, there's no official confirmation on that and arch enemy Nicki Minaj later Tweeted: "Bwaahhhhahhahahahahahahhahahhhaaahhhhhaaahahahahhhaha!!!!!!!! *lifeless* *leaves on stretcher* *cant go on* The devil is a liar."
- TRACE ADKINS drops by GAC's Top 20 Country Countdown tomorrow to debut the video for Brown Chicken Brown Cow. However, if you just can't wait, they've been nice enough to post it on their website. (See and hear here)
- Today: Chef Candice Kumai
- Good Morning America: Lady Gaga; Keith Urban performs
- CBS Early Show: Couples compete to win a romantic trip
- Regis & Kelly: William H. Macy
- The View: Tom Selleck; guest co-host Kadee Strickland
- Ellen DeGeneres: Howie Mandel; Kait Weston performs; Kym Douglas
The Charlotte Bobcats have removed the interim tag from coach Paul Silas and have given him a one-year contract extension. Silas took over for the fired Larry Brown on December 22nd.
You may remember the story of shirtless Congressman Chris Lee. The married New York congressman resigned after he was caught trying his hand at Internet dating on Craigslist. It turns out Chris is an even bigger buffoon than first thought. It seems Lee's online flirting didn't happen when he was relaxing at home as he claimed. It's been revealed that Lee was at the 2011 Republican Retreat in Baltimore and e-mailed his topless photo after attending a lecture on "intelligent use of information technology."
1801: The House of Representatives broke an electoral tie between Thomas Jefferson and Aaron Burr, electing Jefferson president and Burr as vice president.
socialite Paris Hilton 30