Bits and Pieces
February 18, 2011
Justin Bieber returned to CSI last night and was killed. It was the first time Bieber was shot down since the Grammy Awards.
There could be an even bigger rivalry between AMERICAN IDOL and SIMON COWELL'S new X-Factor show than you might imagine. A British tabloid is reporting that Simon tried to lure JENNIFER LOPEZ away from Idol to be a judge on X-Factor. They're saying that Cowell approached J.Lo to leave Idol after she had already signed a contract. However, Idol's Simon Fuller got wind of it and sat down with Lopez and reminded her that if she left Idol she wouldn't get to do any of the other projects that were part of her deal. When J.Lo heard that, she said 'no, thanks' to the X-Factor.
The latest DANCING WITH THE STARS buzz has talk show host WENDY WILLIAMS joining the cast. Meanwhile, Flashdance star JENNIFER BEALS says she turned them down, ironically because she says she's 'not a dancer,'
- There's good news and bad news for fans of BLUR. The good news is guitarist Graham Coxon says they've been slowly writing and recording new material. The bad news is they have no plans to release any of it soon. Coxon says it might turn into an album in six years or something and he also denied reports that the band is working on a series of singles.
- Rumor has it that KANYE WEST may join RIHANNA during her performance at the NBA All-Star Halftime Show this Sunday. The buzz is they'll perform their new single "All of the Lights."
- CHARLEY PRIDE is releasing a new album called Choices on March 8th. It's Charley's first album in five years.
- ABC: Supernanny, Primetime: What Would You Do and 20/20 are new
- CBS: The Defenders (Guest: Dan Aykroyd), CSI: NY and Blue Bloods are new
- Fox: Kitchen Nightmares and Fringe are new
- NBC: Who Do You Think You Are? (Guest: Rosie O'Donnell) and Dateline are new
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural are new
- ESPN: NBA All-Star Celebrity Game from Los Angeles
- ESPN2: College hoops with Virginia Commonwealth at Wichita State
The NFL and its players union have agreed to mediation in their labor dispute. Negotiations will begin today in Washington.
Democratic Congresswoman Betty McCollum of Minnesota alerted Capitol Police after receiving a threatening fax. The fax began, "Yo, Slut Betty." It went on to say, "Shut Your Phucking Pie Hole!" and that "without exception, Marxists are enemies of the Constitution" and "Death to All Marxists, Foreign and Domestic!" So, what had this constituent all riled up? Congresswoman McCollum proposed a budget cut that would eliminate the $7 million in taxpayer money the Army spends every year to sponsor a NASCAR race team.
2001: Dale Earnhardt died during a last-lap wreck in the Daytona 500
actress Molly Ringwald (Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Cowboy Up) 43