Bits and Pieces
February 23, 2011
Carmelo Anthony arrived in New York yesterday, one day after he was traded to the Knicks. The odd thing is; he arrived at Madison Square Garden in a giant egg.
CHARLIE SHEEN threw another movie theme party yesterday. This time it was on a 100-foot rented yacht where he and his guests watched Jaws. Among those joining Charlie were his girlfriends. Yes, that's girlfriends plural! One is a mystery blonde he's been seen sucking face with. She's a mystery because when a photographer asked him what her name is, he replied, "None of your f**king business." The other girlfriend is believed to be porn star Bree Olsen. On one of his call-ins to the Dan Patrick Show, Charlie said he is "100 percent" in love, but maybe that should be 200 percent! (More on Charlie in Dateline Hollywood)
The March 15th episode of GLEE will feature two original songs, "Loser Like Me" and "Get It Right." Both songs will be featured on the album "Glee: The Music, Volume 5," which will be out March 8th.
- Rumors are going around that some sort of sequel to RADIOHEAD'S new album "The King of Limbs" could be on the way. The last track on the album is called Separator, and some fans think it could be separating the two albums. Another clue is the fact that "The King of Limbs" is titled 'TKOL1' when fans place their orders for the album online.
- RIHANNA'S restraining order against CHRIS BROWN has been eased so he can get within 50 yards of her. Rihanna went along with the request and Brown can now have contact with Rihanna, as long as he doesn't harass, annoy, or molest her.
- Last weekend, MIRANDA LAMBERT became the first performer to sell out back-to-back shows in the history of Billy Bob's Texas in Fort Worth. During Friday night's performance, Miranda dedicated "The House That Built Me" to her grandmother who had passed away less than a week earlier.
- ABC: The Middle, Better With You, Modern Family, Mr. Sunshine and Off the Map are new
- CBS: Survivor, Criminal Minds and Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior are new
- Fox: American Idol contestants perform Beatles tunes in Las Vegas
- NBC: Two episodes of Minute to Win It and Law & Order SVU are new
- CW: America's Next Top Model returns, plus Sara Rue hosts the new self-explanatory reality show Shedding for the Wedding
- ESPN: NBA hoops with the Thunder at Spurs and Clippers at Hornets
- ESPN2: College hoops Temple at Duke and New Mexico State at San Jose State
- Versus: Hockey with the Sharks at Penguins
The New Orleans Saints have released tight end Jeremy Shockey. In his three seasons in New Orleans, he caught 139 passes for 1,460 yards with six touchdowns. He also made his 500th career catch last season.
Following a showing of the movie Black Swan in Latvia, a 27-year old police academy graduate with a law degree, who was apparently unfamiliar with murder statutes, shot and killed a man sitting next to him. The police academy graduate was nice enough to wait until the lights came on so everyone in the theater could point him out to police, who promptly arrested him. Since you're wondering, he said he killed his fellow moviegoer because he chewed his popcorn too loudly.
1991: President Bush announced that the allied ground offensive against Iraq had begun
actress Dakota Fanning (War of the Worlds, New Moon, The Runaways) 17