Bits and Pieces
February 24, 2011
Larry King returned to CNN last night. Apparently Larry got some advice on how to get his old show back from Jay Leno.
LINDSAY LOHAN was in court yesterday and was told by the judge that any plea deal over that allegedly stolen necklace would mean jail time and rumor has it that it would be six months in the slammer. Lindsay says she won't do a plea deal, but if she's found guilty, she could get a year behind bars. Her next court date will be on March 10th and she has until then to change her mind. As for her courtroom attire this time around, it was more conservative than the white mini-dress she wore last time, and a lot more expensive. Lindsay wore a black sweater and cream-colored trousers from Chanel. Add in her shoes and all her accessories, the outfit cost somewhere between $8,000 and $11,000! Oh, and there was more trouble for Lindsay on Sunday when she was ticketed for going 59 mph in a 30 mph zone in her Porsche.
Could DANCING WITH THE STARS turn into another Tea Party? Following Bristol Palin last season, former senate candidate Christine "I am not a witch" O'Donnell says she's been invited to be a contestant.
- THE FOO FIGHTERS have released the first official single from their upcoming album, Wasting Light. The single is called "Rope" and it's streaming on their website and Facebook page. You can buy it from iTunes next Tuesday or get it free if you pre-order the album. (Hear here)
- A man broke onto the set of a LIL WAYNE music video last week and stole a laptop, a Louis Vuitton purse, wallet, and a pair of NBA All-Star tickets. Fortunately, the laptop had a GPS device and cops caught the guy. He told the police he just wanted to take the items so he could return them and meet Weezy. The problem is, that's still theft and he was busted.
- The song "Georgia Wood," from KEITH URBAN'S "Get Closer" album, is iTunes' free download of the week. Urban wrote it with Darrell Brown on one of Waylon Jennings' old guitars that he now owns.
- Jay Leno: Journalist Meredith Vieira; TV personality Pauly D; Hanson performs
- David Letterman: Stupid pet tricks; Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.); Bright Eyes perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Owen Wilson; TV host Kelly Ripa; Adele performs
- Conan: Jenna Fischer; actor Jason Biggs; Kumail Nanjiani
- George Lopez: Actress Anne Heche; the Unpoppables perform
- Jimmy Fallon: Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi; journalist Martin Bashir; Laurie Anderson performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Forest Whitaker
- Carson Daly: Actor Fred Armisen; writer David Seidler; Broken Bells perform
Carmelo Anthony had a team-high 27 points in his debut with the Knicks as New York beat Milwaukee last night.
Every once in a while you hear stories about guys who like to pretend to be cops and get authentic looking police cars, guns and badges. This isn't one of those stories. Pompano Beach, Florida's 69-year-old Howard Schultz was arrested this week for allegedly standing in the road with a barbecue fork and telling motorists he was a cop and ordering them to pull over. Sadly, one motorist was actually stupid enough to fall for it before the real police showed up.
2008: Cuba's parliament named Raul Castro president, succeeding his brother Fidel
actor Abe Vigoda (Barney Miller, Fish, Jury Duty) 90