Bits and Pieces
February 25, 2011
An earthquake hit Hawaii yesterday. Residents say tall buildings swayed, power line swayed, hula dancers swayed...
If CHARLIE SHEEN really is off the stuff, maybe someone should get him back on it! Charlie had a major meltdown yesterday and when the dust settled, CBS canceled Two and a Half Men for the rest of the season and maybe forever. Instead of relaxing on a tropical island with numerous women, Charlie called into another radio show and trashed "Two and a Half Men" creator Chuck Lorre, saying, "I violently hate Chaim Levine (apparently Lorre's real name). Charlie called him stupid, a turd, accused him of stealing from him and worse. (Hear here but be careful of language)
You can vote online for your AMERICAN IDOL favorites for the first time ever. Starting Tuesday you can go to AmericanIdol.com and login via your Facebook account and cast your vote. Of course, you can still vote via text message and toll-free phone lines.
- Despite having both hips and knees replaced, E Street Band sax man CLARENCE CLEMONS says he barely made it through BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN'S 2009 world tour. While he hasn't heard anything official from Bruce, he has heard rumors of another 2012 tour and he thinks it'll happen. He also says he'll be there if they do hit the road.
- You won't be seeing REMY MA anytime soon. She's been serving an eight-year prison sentence for shooting a friend outside a nightclub during a dispute over $3,000 and she lost an appeal with the New York State Supreme Court yesterday.
- Next time you're at TOBY KEITH'S I Love This Bar and Grill, you can try Toby Keith's Wild Shot Mezcal. As is tradition, Toby says there's an agave worm at the bottom of every bottle and "It is there to be eaten."
- Today: Matt Damon; actress Emily Blunt; personal trainer Tony Little
- Good Morning America: James Franco; Anne Hathaway; chef Wolfgang Puck; Tim Gunn
- CBS Early Show: Travel expert Peter Greenberg
- Regis & Kelly: Ultramarathon runner Dean Karnazes; actor Thomas Gibson
- The View: TV host John Quinones; chef Robert Irvine; adult film star John Bobbitt
- Ellen DeGeneres: Neil Patrick Harris; Kait Weston performs
The federal mediator overseeing talks between the NFL owners and players says the two sides made "some progress" after seven days of talks, but "very strong differences remain." The deadline is next Thursday, but the NFL says it could be extended.
Utah County Sheriffs have arrested Yogi Bear. Yogi's mug shot is posted on the Utah Corrections Bureau website, with a report that he was arrested on Tuesday for fishing without a license, an immigration charge and thefts of pic-a-nic baskets. Yogi was described as a male, weighing 490 lbs., with pink eyes and black hair. The report was created as part of a training exercise, but no one is saying how it got posted on the Sheriff's Office official website.
1836: Samuel Colt received a patent for his revolver
actress Rashida Jones (Boston Public, The Office, Parks and Recreation) 35