Bits and Pieces
February 28, 2011
The Oscars were handed out last night. Anne Hathaway and James Franco, the star of the movie 127 Hours, co-hosted the show. Coincidentally, 127 Hours is also how long the Oscars seemed to drag on for.
Not knowing when to quit while he's ahead is CHARLIE SHEEN. His whizzing match with the people in charge of Two and a Half Men continued on Friday when he called in to Fox Sports Radio with Pat O'Brien and suggested the show was toast saying, "Can you imagine going back into the sludge pit with those knuckleheads at this point? Can you imagine? It would go bad quickly." (Hear here). Charlie also went all the way to the top and attacked CBS CEO Les Moonves. Charlie said Les went to his house and asked him to straighten up and he did so, but that the show was put on hiatus anyway. Charlie also says he put billions of dollars in their pockets and was treated badly the whole time he was on the show. CBS is also saying Charlie won't be paid for the canceled episodes and Charlie is tweaked off about that. (Hear here)
We'll find out who'll compete on the next season of DANCING WITH THE STARS tonight during The Bachelor. The latest rumors say Kendra Wilkinson, Kirstie Alley and Faye Dunaway are in. Others rumored to be in the cast are WWE champion Chris Jericho, talk show host Wendy Williams, and Madonna's ex, Carlos Leon.
- DUFF MCKAGAN now says he regrets last year's onstage reunion with AXL ROSE. It came about after they happened to get hotel suites next to each other in London. Duff says it's nothing against Axl; it's just that he hated to get fans hopes up for a Guns N Roses reunion when it wasn't going to happen.
- JUVENILE was arrested in Louisiana over the weekend for possession of marijuana and driving on a suspended license. He was later released on $750 bond.
- The Academy of Country Music has named ERIC CHURCH Top New Solo Vocalist and THE BAND PERRY Top New Vocal Duo or Group, as determined by fan voting. They'll now compete for the "Top New Artist" award at the upcoming Academy of Country Music Awards.
- Today: Oscar fashion; actor James Franco; the Oscars; rapper Lil Jon
- Good Morning America: Interviews with Oscar winners; fashion from the Oscars
- CBS Early Show: Oscar fashion
- Regis & Kelly: Emily Blunt; actor Topher Grace
- The View: Elisabeth shares her workout routine
- Ellen DeGeneres: Hugh Laurie; reality TV star DJ Pauly D
It's now reported that so-called 'shirtless' former Congressman Chris Lee was seeking transgendered women on Craigslist, which could explain why he resigned so abruptly after it was learned he had been looking for dates online. Two transgendered women have come forward claiming they exchanged messages.
Jeff Gordon won a wreck-marred Subway 500 NASCAR race in Phoenix. Gordon broke a 66-race losing streak to score his 83rd career victory, tying him with Cale Yarborough for fifth all time.
After Columbus, Mississippi's Tony Deloach crashed his car into a parked vehicle, police arrived to find him wandering around the crash site. When police asked Tony to provide his proof of insurance, they noticed a rolled-up dollar bill in the console. After Tony realized the cop saw his drug paraphernalia, he screamed "I'm high on cocaine!" and tried fleeing on foot. He didn't get far and was busted on numerous charges, including not having proof of insurance. A subsequent post on his Facebook page read: "thank god for da airbag a nigga would been n dat casket." It also notes he's studying Public Safety at Capella University.
1996: Prince Charles and Princess Diana agreed to a divorce
supermodel Karolina Kurkova 27