Bits and Pieces
March 1, 2011
Charlie Sheen's public relations manager has quit. Apparently he got an easier job doing public relations for Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.
There was plenty of CHARLIE SHEEN crazy to go around yesterday. First up is his original interview set to air tonight on ABC's 20/20. ABC is steamed at Charlie because they thought they had an exclusive with him. When asked if he was suffering from bipolar disorder, Charlie said: "What does that mean? What's the cure? Medicine? Make me like them? Not gonna happen. I'm bi-winning. I win here. I win there." As for his drug use, Charlie said, "I probably took more than anybody could survive. I was banging seven-gram rocks. Because that's how I roll. I have one speed. I have one gear: Go." He added that his drug binge made "Sinatra, Flynn, Jagger, Richards look like droopy-eyed, armless children." Sheen also urged his "billions" of fans to make a stand with him to force TV producers into putting Two and a Half Men back on, saying: "Rally behind me with radical violence and focus and say that, 'No, we will not stand for this. We will not stand for our man being made the scapegoat when he's made everybody around him rich. And now they're punishing them and turning his crew family against him.' You know, it's really not cool, man.'" (See and hear a clip here)
The DANCING WITH THE STARS cast was announced last night and most of the rumors turned out to be true, along with a few surprises. The new contestants are Kirstie Alley, radio personality "Psycho" Mike Catherwood, wrestler Chris Jericho, actress Chelsea Kane, former boxing champ Sugar Ray Leonard, Karate Kid star Ralph Macchio, supermodel Petra Nemcova, rapper Romeo, football player Hines Ward, reality star Kendra Wilkinson, and TV host Wendy Williams.
- THE FOO FIGHTERS played an intimate show for 500 fans at a small club called Dingwalls in London. Word is they played their upcoming album, Wasting Light, in its entirety.
- 50 CENT is working with DAVID GUETTA on a new track and Tweeted a picture of the two of them in the studio.
- MIRANDA LAMBERT has been forced to pull out of Alan Jackson's tour of Australia due to a respiratory infection.
- ABC: No Ordinary Family and V are new, plus 20/20 with Charlie Sheen
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and Good Wife are new
- Fox: American Idol's Top 12 Boys Perform and a new Raising Hope
- NBC: The Biggest Loser and Parenthood are new
- CW: One Tree Hill and Hellcats are new
- ESPN: College hoops with Illinois at Purdue
- ESPN2: College hoops with Baylor at Oklahoma
- Versus: Hockey with the Sabres at Rangers
The Washington Redskins have released running back Clinton Portis. Portis played in only 13 games for the Redskins over the last two seasons and finishes as the team's No. 2 all-time rusher and needs 77 more yards on the ground to reach the 10,000 yard mark for his career.
Sadly, all too often, teenagers get in trouble with the law. However, it's even sadder when the law happens to be their own parent. Escambia County, Alabama Deputy Mildred Blanche Goodwin was arrested on charges of cruelty toward a child after allegedly hitting her own son with her department-issued expandable baton. The 40-year-old Mildred hasn't been fired yet, but she has been relieved of all law enforcement authority, and her department-issued weapon, credentials and other equipment.
1961: President Kennedy established the Peace Corps
singer Justin Bieber 17