Bits and Pieces
March 2, 2011
Charlie Sheen got his own Twitter account yesterday. Unfortunately, that means the craziest nonsense on Twitter will no longer come from Sarah Palin.
The interview that started the CHARLIE SHEEN crazy train rolling finally aired on ABC's 20/20 last night. Among the nuggets, Charlie said he liked porn stars because, "You already know what you're getting before you meet them" and paying for prostitutes because "who wants to deal with all the small talk and the nonsense?" Sheen's twin boys with Brooke Mueller also appeared and Charlie said that "everything" makes him a good dad and that he's not worried about what kind of influence his actions will have over his five children because "They'll wake up one day and realize how cool dad is."
ASHLEY JUDD will star in the new ABC drama series, Missing. Judd will play a former CIA agent who travels to Europe to find her son, who has disappeared in Italy while on a summer internship. Look for it this fall.
- A prince or princess is on the way for KINGS OF LEON guitarist Matthew Followill. He and wife Johanna Bennett are expecting their first child in about three months, but have decided to keep the gender a surprise.
- DIDDY-DIRTY MONEY will kick off their "Coming Home" tour in Minneapolis on April 13th. (See and hear Diddy plug it here)
- REBA MCENTIRE, JEAN SHEPARD and songwriter BOBBY BRADDOCK are the newest inductees into The Country Music Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, Reba couldn't be on hand for the announcement because her father is in a Tulsa hospital following a stroke. An official ceremony will be held later this year.
- Jay Leno: Simon Cowell; NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon; Travis Barker performs with Cypress Hill
- David Letterman: Donald Trump; actress Vanessa Hudgens; Oh Land performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Abigail Breslin; actor Mike Tyson; Motorhead performs
- Conan: Chelsea Handler; actor Anthony Mackie; Mavis Staples performs
- George Lopez: Rob Artest; reality TV star Pauly D; Future Funk performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Liza Minnelli; actor Anthony Mackie; Bell Biv DeVoe performs
- Craig Ferguson: TBA
- Carson Daly: Director Tom Shadyac; Black Rebel Motorcycle Club performs
The Boston Celtics and Miami Heat are about to pick up some extra help. The Golden State Warriors' Troy Murphy cut a buyout deal with the team and will join the Celtics after he clears waivers. Mike Bibby, who reached a buyout agreement with the Washington Wizards, will sign with the Heat.
Brooksville, Florida couple Thomas Gannon and Tina Cash got into a lover's spat. The spat escalated to the point where the 31-year-old Tina began throwing items at her 35-year-old likely soon-to-be ex-boyfriend, including a framed flag belonging to his great-grandfather, striking him in the face. Tina said that Thomas had also been throwing items and had punched her in the head. They were arrested on domestic battery charges and if you were wondering, the fight began when Tina "unfriended" Thomas on her Facebook page and changed her relationship status.
2004: NASA announced that the Mars rover Opportunity had discovered evidence that water once existed on Mars.
football's Reggie Bush 26