Bits and Pieces
March 3, 2011
Lady Gaga made her catwalk debut during Paris Fashion Week yesterday. In honor of France, Lady Gaga wore Chateaubriand.
CHARLIE SHEEN is vowing to get his kids back from estranged wife Brooke Mueller and a huge flame war has broken out between them. Along with yesterday's threat of beheading, Brooke now claims that after that Christmas scuffle in Colorado, Charlie told her he should've killed her when he had a chance. She also claims that a couple months before the incident, he knocked her down, causing her to hit her head on the corner of a couch. Brooke says she was knocked unconscious and had to go to the hospital where they gave her a CAT scan and she says she has photos, witnesses and a letter of apology from Charlie to prove it. Brooke also says that on their recent trip to the Bahamas, Charlie spit on her feet, punched her in the arm and threatened to stick a penknife in her eye. Charlie was on the Today Show yesterday and said Brooke's version of events is 'colorful' and that "If you spend enough time around me, you can formulate things and make it sound like it could have come from my mouth." Charlie says he sent Brooke home from the vacation after he found drugs and paraphernalia that he said were Brooke's and released photographs and statements from his 'goddesses,' who were witnesses. (See and hear here)
A couple of tunes from next week's episode of GLEE have hit the Internet. The tunes "Kiss" and "Do You Wanna Touch Me" include guest vocals from GWYNETH PALTROW. (See and hear here)
- That upcoming DEF LEPPARD live CD/DVD set called "Mirrorball" will include three new songs from the studio. The song "Undefeated" is described as a Queen-type vocal thing, "All About Believin' is a pop-rock song, while "Kings of the World" is a rock anthem. They also have a summer tour in the works and a book on the way in June called "Def Leppard, The Definitive Visual History," that'll have more than 30 years of photographs.
- PRINCE is being sued by a New York City law firm for $700,000 in legal fees. They say he hasn't paid for work they did, including settling up with his former wife. They did say Prince has paid $125,000 of the bill, so he's not a total deadbeat.
- KELLIE PICKLER will headline The NCAA Women's Final Four basketball tournament festival in Indianapolis on April 2nd.
- Today: Author Meredith Baxter ("Untied")
- Good Morning America: Fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg
- CBS Early Show: Actress Vanessa Hudgens
- Regis & Kelly: Vanessa Hudgens; actor Josh Radnor
- The View: Jeremy Irons; TV host John Walsh and his wife, Reve; criminal investigator Joe Matthews
- Ellen DeGeneres: Wanda Sykes; actor Topher Grace; "American Idol" castoffs
The NFL collective bargaining agreement ends at midnight tonight. The two sides are scheduled to resume federal mediation this morning.
Houston police officer Mike Hamby and his cooking team were competing at the Houston rodeo's barbecue cook-off when he used a secret ingredient that brought tears to people's eyes. No, it wasn't hot peppers or chilies. It seems Officer Mike tossed a tear gas canister at some of his competitors, sickening several patrons. Officer Mike was relieved of duty with pay pending an investigation.
1931: The Star-Spangled Banner officially became America's national anthem.
actress Jessica Biel (7th Heaven, Ulee's Gold, Valentine's Day) 29