Bits and Pieces
March 4, 2011
Cher's son, transsexual Chaz Bono, is 42 years old today. It's tough shopping for Chaz. What do you get for the man who used to be a woman who has everything?
CHARLIE SHEEN may be trying to mend some fences. Just when his custody battle with estranged wife Brooke Mueller looked to get ugly, Charlie said he reached a "verbal deal" that would allow them to avoid a Monday court date. However, Charlie violated the first part of the agreement, which was not to blab about it to the media. Charlie Tweeted about it all day, so it's off to court they go.
AMERICAN IDOL is down to its 13 finalists. Ten finalists made it in through viewer voting, while six more got to do a song for the judges, who then selected three from that group. Those three were Ashthon Jones, Naima Adedapo, and Stefano Langone. They join the 10 viewer choices: Casey Abrams, James Durbin, Jacob Lusk, Scotty McCreery, Paul McDonald, Thia Megia, Haley Reinhart, Karen Rodriguez, Pia Toscano, and Lauren Alaina.
- KINGS OF LEON have caught March Madness! CBS and Turner Sports are mixing tournament footage with their video for "The Immortals" and showing it on movie screens around the country to promote the NCAA tournament. It'll later be shown on TV as well.
- DIDDY will perform "Coming Home" and mentor the contestants on the April 18th episode of "American Idol." It'll also give him a chance to catch up with ex-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez!
- KENNY CHESNEY'S concert movie "Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D" will make its television debut tomorrow night at 10p Eastern on GAC. The special will also include an exclusive interview with Kenny.
- ABC: Supernanny, Primetime: What Would You Do and 20/20 are new
- CBS: The Defenders (Guest: Kathy Griffin) is new; CSI: NY and Blue Bloods are reruns
- Fox: Holly Robinson Peete and Wayne Brady host the NAACP Image Awards
- NBC: Who Do You Think You Are? (Guest: Lionel Richie) and Dateline are new
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural are new
- ESPN: NBA hoops with the Bulls at Magic and Heat at Spurs
- ESPN2: College hoops with Akron at Kent State
NFL owners and players agreed yesterday to a 24-hour extension of the bargaining deadline so that negotiations can continue.
Is that a rotisserie chicken, chicken wings, a mouth guard and two toothbrushes in your pants, or are you happy to...no, it was all that stuff. Kingston, New York's 27-year-old Joseph Lee Stringer thought he could discreetly sneak out of his local Wal-Mart with all those items in his trousers. As you might guess, Joseph was wrong and he somehow managed to come up with a $1,350 bond, which would've been much better spent on the items he tried to shoplift.
1966: John Lennon got in hot water with his 'Bigger than Jesus' comment
actress Andrea Bowen (Desperate Housewives) 21