Bits and Pieces
March 8, 2011
Charlie Sheen has been fired from Two and a Half Men. They say Charlie was fired for drug use, destructive behavior and stealing office supplies.
It wasn't such a "winning" day for CHARLIE SHEEN yesterday as he got the ax from Two and a Half Men. No word on whether the show is history or if they'll find someone to replace Charlie, but he initially told TMZ, "This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a big day of gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of the bazillions, never have to look at whatshisc--k again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in the terrestrial dimension." However, Charlie later blasted his former bosses, telling Access Hollywood, "These guys are such yellow cockroaches that they didn't even have the decency to call me. I put 5 bill[ion] in their cheap suit pockets and another half a bil' in what's-his-cheese's pockets and this is the... respect I get? It's just deplorable and they should be ashamed of themselves!" Charlie blamed the firing on his former bosses not understanding him. (More on Charlie in Dateline Hollywood)
J.Lo's husband has landed a TV gig of his own! MARC ANTHONY will become a series regular on the TNT medical drama HawthoRNe this season after guest-starring last year. Anthony plays police Detective Nick Renata.
- It was kind of sounding like a new album from COLDPLAY would drop this summer after they started lining up some festival dates. However, an insider at the Coldplay fan site Coldplaying.com has information that the album has been pushed back until October.
- KANYE WEST has talked about going into the fashion business and he was spotted at London's Central Saint Martin's College last week. There were rumors Kanye was there to apply for a master's degree in fashion, but a rep for the college says he was actually there on unrelated matters.
- BLAKE SHELTON is joining NBC's singing competition "The Voice" as a mentor/judge. Shelton joins Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green and Maroon 5's Adam Levine on the panel.
- ABC: A No Ordinary Family rerun, plus V and Detroit 187 are new
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and Good Wife are repeats
- Fox: Glee (Guests: Gwyneth Paltrow, John Stamos), Raising Hope and Traffic Light are new
- NBC: The Biggest Loser is new; Parenthood is a rerun
- CW: One Tree Hill and Hellcats are reruns
- ESPN2: College hoops Sun Belt Tournament Final
- Versus: Hockey with the Avalanche at Wild
The NFL and the players resumed talks yesterday for about four hours. The new deadline is this Friday night at midnight and while some progress has been made, they're still pretty far apart on how to divide up the league's $9 billion in annual revenue.
Michigan dentist Richard Lewis Ludwig went to Florida for his son's baseball tournament and got caught up by the state's one strike and you're out rule. The 54-year-old Ludwig and his son were at a strip mall when they found a credit card that someone had lost. Dad then taught his son the importance of doing the right thing. He used the credit card at Mia Pizza Pasta Kitchen, in the same plaza where they found the card. The owner noticed his card was missing and notified police, who arrested Ludwig while he was still waiting for his order. According to the police report, Ludwig admitted to using the stolen card to make the $40 purchase even though he had $250 in cash on him at the time of his arrest and told deputies his net worth was between $3 million and $4 million. That should help cover his bail.
1971: Joe Frazier defeated Muhammad Ali for the heavyweight boxing championship
musician/actor Mickey Dolenz (The Monkees) 66