Bits and Pieces
March 9, 2011
The Barbie doll is 52 today. In fact, Barbie is so old and made of so much plastic that she's been offered a spot on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
CHARLIE SHEEN was on his Ustream channel last night to deliver what he called his "manifesto." The good news is Charlie promised this would be his "final" Webcast. However, the crazy act may be wearing thin as Charlie's hit count was down to less than 60,000 viewers. He basically trashed everyone on his so-called
"unwanted list": He called CBS president Les Moonves "Less Than Moonves" and Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre "Chuck E. Cheeseball." Sheen then plugged Tiger Blood, saying: "those who deserve it now possess it." (See and hear here, but be careful of language)
The latest name being mentioned to replace CHARLIE SHEEN on Two and a Half Men is ROB LOWE. However, there are two problems with that. Rob already has a gig on Parks and Recreation and he also grew up as a friend of the Sheen Family.
- COLDPLAY is denying those online reports that they're planning to release a new album in October. A rep for the band says a release date has not yet been set.
- Rapper YOUNG BUCK is facing up to ten years in jail on charges of being a convicted felon in possession of a pistol and ammunition. He was convicted of stabbing a man at the Vibe Awards back in 2004 and that means he can no longer carry a gun or ammunition, which apparently didn't stop him from doing so.
- LEE BRICE will hit the road on The Higher Education tour with his friend Jerrod Niemann starting tomorrow and hitting more than a dozen college towns. Then, in May, he joins Willie Nelson, Jamey Johnson and Randy Howser for the Country Throwdown tour.
- Jay Leno: Michael Douglas; animal handler Julie Scardina; Randy Rogers Band
- David Letterman: Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi; comic Judah Friedlander; Bryan Ferry
- Jimmy Kimmel: Actress Sarah Shahi; Jamie Foxx performs
- Conan: Pee-wee Herman; comic Shane Mauss; author Edmund Morris
- George Lopez: Chef Curtis Stone; Lupe Fiasco performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Adam Sandler; actor Aziz Ansari; Mike Gordon performs
- Craig Ferguson: Trace Adkins; actor Windell Middlebrooks
- Carson Daly: DJ Diplo; actress Laurie Ann Gibson; Alberta Cross performs
Kobe Bryant has passed Moses Malone for sixth place on the NBA's career scoring list. Kobe entered last night's game against the Atlanta Hawks 12 points behind Malone's 27,409.
If 80-year-old Wyoming Senator Alan Simpson ever decides to leave the Senate, he can probably forget about landing a gig on MTV. Apparently unfamiliar with rap music, Simpson went on Fox News to gripe about senior citizens who complain about Social Security being targeted in order to reduce the nation's debt. During his rant, Simpson referred to rappers enema man and Snoopy Snoopy Poop Dogg, apparently meaning Eminem and Snoop Dogg.
1981: Dan Rather made his debut as anchorman of The CBS Evening News.
rapper/actor Bow Wow (Johnson Family Vacation, Roll Bounce, Like Mike) 24