Bits and Pieces - March 16, 2011
March 16, 2011
Celine Dion has returned for another series of concert dates at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. Meanwhile, Glenn Beck says it was God's way of punishing Las Vegas for its sinful ways.
It sounds like there's already trouble in paradise for THE BACHELOR'S BRAD WOMACK and EMILY MAYNARD. The couple is still together, but the long distance thing could end up killing it. They issued a joint statement saying, "Though we are madly in love, it has been a bumpy couple of months for us and our priority right now is to focus on our relationship. We hope that you can respect our privacy as we return to normalcy and begin our off-screen lives together." Being a single mom, Emily just can't up and move to Austin to be with Brad, even if she were sure that he's ready to become a full-time father. Bachelor host Chris Harrison revealed that they actually broke up a couple of times after some knock-down drag out fights in the weeks and months after the taping of the show was completed. At last report they were in Austin trying to patch things up.
AMERICAN IDOL executive producer Nigel Lythgoe says AEROSMITH and JENNIFER LOPEZ will perform at some point during the season.
- PEARL JAM bassist Jeff Ament's side project, Tres Mts., has released their debut album, "Three Mountains." Tres Mts. hits the road on a mini-tour today in Seattle.
- Was CHRIS BROWN caught smoking a joint while driving? X17 Online posted a photo that appeared to show Brown smoking a joint in his car. However, his rep says the photo shows Brown holding a Davidoff mini natural pack mild cigarillo. (See here)
- Has LEANN RIMES been taking off a little too much weight for her upcoming wedding to Eddie Cibrian? Photos taken last December and again this month appear to show she's lost quite a bit of weight. (See here)
- Jay Leno: Matthew McConaughey; Rizwan Manji performs
- David Letterman: Steve Martin; actress Selena Gomez
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kristen Wiig; actor Adam Scott; The Wombats perform
- Conan: Ricky Gervais; actress Kaitlin Olson; Cheap Trick performs
- George Lopez: Justin Timberlake; actor Stephen Dorff; Ciara performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Amy Poehler; professional golfer Tiger Woods
- Craig Ferguson: Seth Rogen; actress Brie Larson
- Carson Daly: Musician Amanda Palmer; actress Kat Corbett; Matt & Kim and Screaming Females perform
President Obama has made his Final Four predictions. Obama is playing it safe and saying Duke, Kansas, Ohio State and Pittsburgh will make the men's Final Four. In his previous two years of picking the Final Four, Obama is 1-1.
It seems like some crooks just want to go to jail. Such was the case for Ocala, Florida's Anthony T. Varnum and his accomplice Casey Gabriel Stouffer. Shortly after responding to an alarm at the Horse & Hounds restaurant and finding a 42-inch television leaning against a wall and a truck outside, cops arrested the pair. That's because they also found Varnum's driver's license at the scene.
1991: Seven members of Reba McEntire's band were killed in a plane crash
actor/comedian Jerry Lewis (The Nutty Professor, Hardly Working, MDA Telethon) 85