Bits and Pieces - March 17, 2011
March 17, 2011
Today's is St. Patrick's Day. Charlie Sheen is celebrating at his Sober Valley Lodge by letting his goddesses play with his sheleighleh.
You can officially cross REESE WITHERSPOON off the available list as of March 26th. That's when Reese will be tying the knot with her Hollywood agent fiancee Jim Toth at her Ojai Valley home. They're saying it's going to be a small ceremony, even though 100 guests are expected to attend.
"THE X FACTOR" rumor mill is starting to heat up. Reports say Island Def Jam boss ANTONIO "L.A." REID is on board as a judge. Word is ENRIQUE IGLESIAS has been approached to take on hosting duties, but he may not even want the job.
- PEARL JAM plans to begin recording a new album next month and are hoping to have it out this year. Meanwhile, the Cameron Crowe Pearl Jam documentary Pearl Jam Twenty will be released later this year.
- Rapper NATE DOGG has passed away at the age of 41. He'd been in poor health for some time, having suffered strokes in both 2007 and 2008.
- If you want to look cool like KENNY CHESNEY, he's teamed up with Costa to design his own limited edition line of signature sunglasses. You can also help a good cause as $10 from each pair will go to ocean conservation group Coastal Conservation Association.
- Today: Actress Amy Ryan; St. Patrick's Day cooking; Celtic song performance
- Good Morning America: Producers Trey Parker and Matt Stone
- CBS Early Show: Talk, News
- Regis & Kelly: Daniel Radcliffe; actress Bridget Moynahan
- The View: Steve Martin performs; celebrating St. Patrick's Day
- Ellen DeGeneres: Halle Berry; Josh Groban performs
Assuming there is an NFL season this fall, the league says it plans to start suspending more players for illegal hits. Other rule change proposals include moving the kickoff to the 35-yard line and bringing touchbacks out to the 25. They're also talking about making all scoring plays reviewable without the coaches needing to challenge.
Lakeland, Florida police responded to a burglary at the Chicken Shack and found the restaurant had been robbed of t-shirts, beer and other items. A short time later, officers spotted and arrested 35-year-old Chad Berrien and 31-year-old Rickey Wright. And what tipped the cops off? The men were wearing their brand new Chicken Shack T-Shirts and carrying the beer they hadn't finished drinking.
1966: The last Studebaker rolled off the assembly line
musician John Sebastian (Lovin' Spoonful) 67