Bits and Pieces - March 23, 2011
March 23, 2011
Chris Brown went berserk after his Good Morning America interview yesterday and trashed his dressing room. As he was leaving, Brown was reportedly heard saying something about being on a drug called Charlie Sheen.
CHRIS BROWN went nuts again and launched another vicious attack! Brown was on Good Morning America yesterday to plug his new album when Robin Roberts twice brought up his past troubles with Rihanna. Both times Brown said he wanted to look forward and tried to shift the conversation back to his album. After the segment ended Brown went back to his dressing room and trashed it, breaking a window that faced outside to the street. The odd thing is; Roberts said she asked Brown in advance if it was cool to ask about Rihanna and he agreed. Brown appeared to be calmed down later in the day, but it may not be over. Brown was due to appear on Dancing With the Stars next week, but ABC might give him the axe. Even worse, Brown could be looking at vandalism and assault charges, which could cause his probation to be revoked and, in a worst case scenario, could land him in prison.
It looks like it'll be awhile longer until you can get your next MAD MEN fix. Show creator Matthew Weiner and the AMC channel are close to a new deal, but it's not going to get done in time for the new season to start on schedule this summer. The delay could mean a late fall or early January premiere.
- DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE will hit the road for a brief tour of small theaters in May, beginning with a show on the 18th in Toronto.
- JA RULE has pleaded guilty to tax evasion charges in New Jersey. Mr. Rule admitted that he failed to pay taxes on more than $3 million in income between 2004 and 2006. He faces up to one year in prison and $100,000 in fines on each count when he's sentenced in June.
- RONNIE DUNN'S self-titled solo album will be out June 7th. Dunn also produced the album by himself and wrote or co-wrote eight of the 12 tracks on the disc.
- Jay Leno: Carol Burnett; actor Jason Ritter; Keith Urban performs
- David Letterman: Ben Stiller; racecar driver Dario Franchitti; The Strokes perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jake Gyllenhaal; actor Jerry Weintraub; Quinn Sullivan performs
- Conan: Vanessa Hudgens; wrestler "the Miz"; Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
- George Lopez: Boxer Micky Ward; Ron Artest's new single "Go Loco."
- Jimmy Fallon: Trey Parker and Matt Stone; Friendly Fires perform
- Craig Ferguson: Jim Parsons
- Carson Daly: Actor Ben Schwartz; director Duncan Jones; Biffy Clyro performs
NFL owners have approved moving kickoffs from the 30-yard line to the 35-yard line, although the spot of the ball on touchbacks will remain at the 20-yard line. There had been talk of moving it to the 25.
Irwin, Pennsylvania's 25-year-old Michael Hegland called into a radio morning show to tell about how he'd been pulled over by a cop for a brake light violation and was cited for not changing the address on his driver's license. Hegland said the officer told him if he updated his license within two days the citation would be dropped. Hegland said he changed the address, but asked the DJ how to get hold of the cop because he wasn't on duty. The DJ advised Hegland to go to the police station and show them his paperwork. The DJ had one other piece of advice for Hegland: Don't be as high as you are right now. Unfortunately, Hegland chose to heed only half of the advice. It happened that cops were listening to the radio show and when Hegland showed up reeking of pot, he was busted.
2001: Russia's Mir space station plunged to Earth in the South Pacific.
actress Michelle Monaghan (Lost, Mission Impossible 3, Due Date) 35