Bits and Pieces - March 30, 2011
March 30, 2011
Mike Catherwood was voted off Dancing With the Stars last night. Mike blamed it on lack of dancing skills, lack of name recognition and lack of former Alaska governor in his family.
MARIAH CAREY and NICK CANNON could be parents by the time you read this! Late yesterday, Nick Tweeted: "On a plane back to NY. Praying Dem Babies wait for DADDY to come back b4 they pop out! The Cornball Movement don't stop!" Mariah went to the hospital over the weekend because she started having contractions, although it turned out to be a false alarm. Judging by the picture of her baby bump that she Tweeted, this time it could be the real deal.
The upcoming "GLEE" episode featuring Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" will be expanded to 90 minutes. The show will air April 26th and will include two extra musical numbers to fill out the show.
- DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE will do a live, scripted, one-take music video for their new single "You Are A Tourist." The video will be streamed live at YouAreATourist.com next Tuesday at 7 p.m. Eastern.
- LIL WAYNE got some fringe benefits for signing NICKI MINAJ and taking her out on tour. At the Long Island stop on his I Am Music II tour, Nicki came on stage and gave Wayne a lap dance! Nicki told her boss, "You got three rules, legs open, hands behind your back, mouth shut. Let's go!" (See and hear here)
- BLAKE SHELTON and MIRANDA LAMBERT have set a May 14th wedding date, but where will it take place? Miranda now says the wedding will be in Texas. Yes, that's a big place, but it may be a clue that Miranda grew up in Lindale and her parents still live there.
- Jay Leno: Helen Hunt; musician Sammy Hagar; Good Charlotte performs
- David Letterman: Norm MacDonald; baseball player C.C. Sabathia; Willie Nelson, Norah Jones and Wynton Marsalis perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Danny McBride; actress Sara Ramirez; Duran Duran performs
- Conan: Greg Kinnear; actor Steve Schirripa; comic Mo Mandel performs
- George Lopez: Larry King; comic Brent Weinbach performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Russell Brand; magazine editor Gayle King; The Strokes perform
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Jerry O'Connell
- Carson Daly: Actress Liana Liberato; director Alex Prager; Goldheart Assembly
The women's NCAA Final Four is set with Connecticut, Stanford, Notre Dame and Texas A&M meeting next weekend in Indianapolis.
Fort Myers high school honor student Rachel Anne Hachero had been accepted into several Ivy League schools on scholarships. Apparently deciding to buy a new car with the money she'd be saving on tuition, Rachel called her mom to co-sign for it. Unfortunately, mom said 'no.' Rachel begged her to reconsider by pulling a gun, pointing it at her head and pistol-whipping her. Rachel got to enjoy her new car for one day until mom checked Rachel's purse and found the gun, along with drugs and paraphernalia and called police. Rachel was arrested on numerous charges and she could be accepted into a four-year prison.
1981: President Reagan was shot outside a Washington, D.C. hotel
singer Norah Jones 32