Bits and Pieces - April 7, 2011
April 7, 2011
Glenn Beck has announced that he's leaving the Fox News channel. Beck says he wants to spend more time crying with his family.
A defense lawyer for MICHAEL JACKSON'S doctor says they're going to claim that Michael was so despondent over finances in his final days that he took desperate actions that caused his own death. However, the prosecution calls it, "An irrelevant sideshow designed to take issues away from the jury and smear Michael Jackson." The defense also wants to see Michael's financial records, although the judge refused to grant the request, although he did agree to order Michael's dermatologist, Dr. Arnold Klein, to turn over medical his records. Klein's records show he injected Michael with Demerol 51 times in the three months before he died. Meanwhile, Michael's fans are tweaked off at an artist who created a statue depicting that incident where Jackson dangled his baby off a hotel balcony and mounted it in a window at a London music studio.
ALEC BALDWIN was at a gala for the National Dance Institute on Tuesday night and said that next season will be the final one for 30 ROCK. However, that was news to the network as NBC insiders called Baldwin's comments "total nonsense".
- KINGS OF LEON will release a documentary film called Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon. The film will follow them from their strict, religious upbringing to becoming one of the world's most successful bands. It'll premiere at New York's Tribeca Film Festival this month.
- LIL JON wrote a memorial tune for actress Amanda Bynes' dog, Little Angel, who passed away Tuesday. (Hear here)
- CHELY WRIGHT and her gay activist girlfriend Lauren Blitzer are engaged. They plan to get married in Connecticut on August 20th.
- Today: Bill Cosby; authors Mary and Carol Higgins Clark
- Good Morning America: Wynonna and Naomi Judd; chef Jamie Oliver; House Speaker John Boehner
- CBS Early Show: Actress AnnaSophia Robb ("Soul Surfer.")
- Regis & Kelly: Jim Belushi; actor Ian Somerhalder
- The View: Wynonna and Naomi Judd; former Gov. Mike Huckabee
- Ellen DeGeneres: Carrie Underwood; actress Neve Campbell; singer Josh Kelley
The NFL and its players presented their arguments before a Minnesota judge for nearly five hours yesterday. Afterwards, the judge urged the two sides to return to the bargaining table. If the two sides can't work things out, the judge hopes to issue a ruling in about two weeks on whether to lift the lockout.
Mason, Ohio police officer Bradley Walker heard his K-9 partner wildly barking inside his squad car. Upon further investigation, Officer Walker found 25-year-old Ryan James Stephens making barking noises and hissing at the police dog. When Officer Stephens asked why he was harassing the animal, Stephens replied, "The dog started it." Yes, Stephens was cited for 'teasing a police dog' and, yes, the police report stated he showed signs of being highly intoxicated.
1998: George Michael was arrested in a public restroom in Beverly Hills for lewd conduct.
actor Russell Crowe (Gladiator, Cinderella Man, L.A. Confidential) 47