Bits and Pieces - April 12, 2011
April 12, 2011
Last night, during her performance on Dancing with the Stars, Kirstie Alley lost a shoe. Luckily there was a blacksmith nearby.
It looks like LINDSAY LOHAN and her father Michael may have made up. There was a story going around that he went by her place on Sunday to see her, but that Lindsay hid in the closet, pretending she wasn't home until he went away. However, Michael went back again yesterday and Lindsay invited him in and they shared some bagels.
NBC says STEVE CARELL'S final appearance on "THE OFFICE" will air on April 28th and that it'll be a 50 minute episode, followed by a 40-minute "Parks and Recreation."
- THE FOO FIGHTERS will appear on David Letterman's show tonight and they'll also do a live 90-minute online concert starting at 9 pm Eastern. You can catch it at CBS.com/lateshow.
- LIL WAYNE'S people are denying that story about him being turned down for a visa in England because of his arrest record and that he had to cancel a tour there. They say no visa application was ever filed, but he hopes to tour Britain later this year.
- CHRIS YOUNG is shipping out to entertain U.S. troops in Iraq and Kuwait as part of the Stars for Stripes tour. Chris will be there starting Wednesday.
- ABC: The debut of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution; plus the Dancing With the Stars elimination show (Jennifer Hudson performs) and a new Body of Proof
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and Good Wife are new
- Fox: Glee and Raising Hope reruns and a new Traffic Light
- NBC: Biggest Loser and Parenthood are new
- CW: One Tree Hill and Hellcats are reruns
- TNT: NBA hoops with the Bulls at Knicks and Spurs at Lakers
The federal judge overseeing the lawsuit against the NFL ordered both sides to participate in court-supervised mediation. Formal mediation will begin Thursday.
F.Y.I. - Croton, New York police Sgt. John Nikotopoulos says, "If you want to leave your 13-year-old home for like an hour or two to go to dinner or shop, that's acceptable, depending on how mature the kid is." However, leaving your 13-year-old home while you go to Taiwan is another matter. Single mom Winifred Chaffee has been charged with misdemeanor child endangerment after taking her little trans-Pacific jaunt, despite her claim that she left her daughter with plenty of cash, credit cards and prepared meals. The girl did attend school while her mother was away, and the two are back home together now.
1861: The Civil War began as Confederate troops attacked Fort Sumter
actor Ed O'Neill (Married...With Children, Dragnet, Modern Family) 65