Bits and Pieces - April 13, 2011
April 13, 2011
Former boxer Sugar Ray Leonard was eliminated last night on Dancing With the Stars. Leonard knew he was in trouble when they didn't credit him with the knockdown on Kirstie Alley.
There was briefly some big buzz yesterday that SCARLETT JOHANSSON was pregnant with SEAN PENN'S baby. The rumors started when a paparazzi photo hit the web that showed them out jogging and Scarlett looked like she had a baby bump going. It turned out to be just a camera angle/baggy shirt thing and her rep immediately shot down the rumors.
GWYNETH PALTROW will return to GLEE as Holly Holliday on next week's episode. She'll be performing Adele's song "Turning Tables."
- AEROSMITH'S STEVEN TYLER will publish his memoirs, called "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" on May 3rd. Tyler promises to share "all the unexpurgated, brain-jangling tales of debauchery, sex & drugs, transcendence & chemical dependence you will ever want to hear."
- Another track from THE BEASTIE BOYS' new album Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2 has leaked. This one is called "Tadlock's Glasses" and if you can't wait until May 3rd you can find it at the Rolling Stone magazine website. (Hear here)
- ASHTON SHEPHERD will perform the national anthem at this Sunday's Aaron's 499 NASCAR race at Talladega. The race will be broadcast live on Fox.
- Jay Leno: Diane Lane; professional wrestler Chris Jericho; Jessie J. performs
- David Letterman: Courteney Cox; Aziz Ansari; Alison Krauss & Union Station
- Jimmy Kimmel: Eva Longoria; actor Patrick Warburton; Robyn performs
- Conan: Dax Shepard; actor Anthony Anderson; The Kills perform
- George Lopez: Rosario Dawson; actor Damon Wayans Jr; Prince performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Abigail Breslin; actor Mike Tyson; Motorhead performs
- Craig Ferguson: Ashley Judd; collector Evan Michelson; comic Maz Jobrani
- Carson Daly: DJ Mia Moretti and violinist Caitlin Moe; Lissie and Clare Burson
Texas Rangers' All-Star outfielder Josh Hamilton is out until June after breaking a small bone in his right shoulder on a head-first slide at home during yesterday's game against Detroit.
Butte, Montana's Robert "Bob" E. Lee drove to the local police station where officers found him knocking on the window of the lobby, appearing confused and under the influence. Officers reported that Lee appeared to be confused and sweating profusely and mentioned something about having a wedding to perform that morning. Yes, that would be Judge Robert "Bob" E. Lee, who played an instrumental role in starting the city's newly formed DUI court. He failed a sobriety test and police say the drug that gave Lee the opportunity to test out his new court is methadone.
1986: John Paul II became the first pope to visit a synagogue
singer Nellie McKay 29