Bits and Pieces - April 18, 2011
April 18, 2011
Today is tax deadline day. That means today is the deadline for paying your taxes and the day rich people find out how big their refund will be.
NICOLAS CAGE posed for mug shots in New Orleans early Saturday morning. A taxi driver saw Cage arguing loudly with his wife and when he allegedly got physical, the cabbie called the cops. Cage was said to be very drunk and it was later determined that they were arguing about where their rented apartment was located. When police showed up, Cage began hitting parked cars and later got into a taxi, but a police officer ordered him out, which prompted Cage to start yelling at cops, "Why don't you just arrest me?" The cops obliged and he was charged with public drunkenness, disturbing the peace and domestic violence, although his wife isn't pressing charges. Just before the incident, the couple was in a tattoo shop and TMZ has the surveillance video showing them arguing. (See here) It turns out it was Dog the Bounty Hunter who bailed Cage out of jail.
TINA FEY has revealed that former Secretary of State CONDOLEEZZA RICE is going to guest star on 30 ROCK in a couple of weeks.
- If you couldn't get your hands on a copy of RADIOHEAD'S Record Store Day disc, the tunes "Supercollider" and "The Butcher" have leaked online. The bad news is they're pretty low-fi. (Hear here)
- CEE LO GREEN performed at the Coachella music festival in California over the weekend and he wasn't happy about it. Green hit the stage a half-hour late, saying something about how he'd "just landed" and pretty much beefed through his whole set, constantly swearing and storming off in a huff when they cut his set after just four songs in 20 minutes.
- RODNEY CROWELL has written his new memoir, "Chinaberry Sidewalks."
- Today: Robert Pattinson; actor Jason Priestley
- Good Morning America: Reese Witherspoon; author Marcia Clark
- CBS Early Show: Restaurant owners Daniel Holzman and Michael Chernow
- Regis & Kelly: Robert Pattinson; Paul McDonald performs; co-host Seth Meyers
- The View: First lady Michelle Obama; Dr. Jill Biden
- Ellen DeGeneres: Tyler Perry; actress Chelsea Kane and dancer Mark Ballas
Former baseball player Lenny Dykstra was arrested for allegedly embezzling more than $400,000 from his bankrupt estate. Authorities say Dykstra took items that were supposed to be sold to pay off his debts and sold them for his own profit. He was also charged with purchasing vehicles through fraudulent means.
Apparently feeling it was important to arrive at Wal-Mart in style, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania's 45-year-old James Maurice Barker rented a limo to take his two teenage sons shopping. After purchasing about $1,000 worth of electronics, Barker said his sons were wheeling their shopping cart back to the waiting limo when the store greeter approached and asked to see their receipt. Barker accused the greeter of being racist and invited him to step outside where he used 20 to 30 expletives in his ensuing tirade. Barker was later arrested and tearfully apologized in court, while his attorney explained that he has an overprotective instinct since another son was shot and killed a few years ago. However, police say the more likely explanation was the cocaine and glass pipe in the limo when he was arrested.
2006: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes had a baby daughter they named Suri.
actress America Ferrera (Ugly Betty, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) 27