Bits and Pieces - April 26, 2011
April 26, 2011
President Obama hosted the annual White House Easter Egg Roll yesterday. After 11 hours of rolling eggs on the White House lawn, children were stunned when they saw one egg open up and a woozy Lady Gaga crawl out.
It turns out there was more drama during NICOLAS CAGE'S arrest in New Orleans a couple weekends ago. At some point during the incident, Cage dropped his 5-year-old son Kal-El, causing an abrasion, and a child abuse detective was called to the scene. They later determined that it wasn't a case of abuse, although Child Protective Services will have the final say. They also noted that Cage was yelling that his wife was trying to kill him. As was reported, Cage was sloppy drunk, was slurring his speech and was loud and belligerent as it took officers nearly 30 minutes to calm him down so they could read him his rights. Despite all that, Cage was back on the set of his new movie the following Monday and attended his older son, Weston's, wedding on Sunday.
LINDSAY LOHAN will be on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" tonight. They actually taped the interview yesterday afternoon and there's no word on why she chose to go on Leno's show, but her attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, is married to Dorian Holley, who's the lead vocalist for the show's house band.
- KINGS OF LEON will kick off a summer tour on July 25th in Orange Beach, Alabama. Band of Horses will open.
- THE BEASTIE BOYS are streaming their new album, Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2, on their website. A clean version of the album leaked online over the weekend, but the version on their website is uncensored. It's at HotSauceCommittee.com
- JO DEE MESSINA has launched the "A Million Doors" campaign with a goal of raising $2.3 million for the non-profit Holy Trinity Montessori school in Nashville. She's even recorded a new song, called "Carry Me," which you can download for a one dollar donation at AMillionDoors.com.
- ABC: Dancing With the Stars (NKOTBSB and Hanson perform) and Body of Proof are new
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and The Mentalist are repeats
- Fox: The 90-minute Glee Prom/Lady Gaga episode and Raising Hope are new
- NBC: Biggest Loser is new and the debut of The Voice
- CW: One Tree Hill and Hellcats are new
- TNT: NBA hoops with the Pacers at Bulls and Hornets at Lakers
- Versus: Hockey with the Bruins at Canadiens and Blackhawks at Canucks
NFL players scored a courtroom victory against the owners in the labor dispute. Judge Susan Richard Nelson granted the players' request to end the league-imposed lockout and rejected NFL arguments that it could continue treating the NFL Players Association as a union. The owners have already appealed.
Estefany Martinez and Anna Rivera worked at the International Bank of Commerce in Houston and felt they were entitled to a bonus. The women invited a boyfriend and a brother inside the bank's vault and allowed them to help themselves to over $62,000. Fortunately for investigators Estefany didn't go for the brainy types because her boyfriend posted on his Facebook page: "U HAVE TO PAST THE LINE SOMETIMES!! TO GET DIS MONEY!!" and "I'M RICH (expletive)." At least he was until cops saw the post and arrested the gang of four.
1961: Roger Maris of the New York Yankees hit the first of his then-record 61 single season home runs
actor Channing Tatum (G.I. Joe, She's The Man, Coach Carter) 31