Bits and Pieces - May 3, 2011
May 3, 2011
After weeks of promotion, Will Ferrell went on Conan O'Brien's show last night and shaved off his beard. Afterwards, the shaving was confirmed in a late night address from the White House by President Obama.
NBC newsman BRIAN WILLIAMS was on DAVID LETTERMAN'S show last night and told about how he got an early tip from the White House on Sunday night that we got bin Laden and he should get to the studio. Williams went on to say he may have broken a few speed limits on the way! (See and hear here)
JUDGE JUDY will be dishing out television justice for a few more years. Judy Sheindlin has signed a new deal to stay on the TV judicial bench through 2015.
- SHERYL CROW will be the guest mentor on American Idol tomorrow night. Yes, that's the same Sheryl Crow who talked about American Idol back in 2007 and said, "Let's face it, it undermines art in every way and promotes commercialism. I am sad people love it so."
- The latest single from DR. DRE'S Detox album will be "Die Hard," featuring EMINEM, and it'll premiere on Friday's episode of "Fight Camp 360: Pacquiao vs. Mosley" on Showtime.
- JEWEL has signed on as the host of the third season of "The Incurables." It's a series about patients who have become advocates of natural lifestyles after overcoming life-threatening illnesses. The new season debuts this summer.
- ABC: Dancing With the Stars and Body of Proof are new
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and The Good Wife are new
- Fox: Glee, Raising Hope and Traffic Light are new
- NBC: Biggest Loser and The Voice are new
- CW: One Tree Hill and Hellcats are new
- TNT: NBA hoops with the Celtics at Heat and Grizzlies at Thunder
- Versus: Hockey with the Capitals at Lightning and Canucks at Predators
Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose has reportedly been named the NBA's Most Valuable Player. The 22-year-old Rose would become the youngest player to ever win the award.
Alfred Stewart and his friends were celebrating a birthday at a Hallandale Beach, Florida bar on Saturday night when they started flashing signs. This didn't go unnoticed by Barbara Lee, who sought to protect her fellow drinkers from gang activity. Barbara got her friend Marco Ibanez to handle the situation by stabbing Alfred and three others. It was only later that she discovered the celebrants were deaf and they weren't flashing gang signs, but talking in sign language. Barbara and Marco were charged with assault with a deadly weapon and our friends are recovering from their wounds.
1921: West Virginia imposed the first state sales tax
dancer Cheryl Burke (Dancing With The Stars) 27