Bits and Pieces - May 4, 2011
May 4, 2011
Kendra Wilkinson was eliminated last night on Dancing With the Stars. It was the biggest elimination since Osama bin Laden.
The death of OSAMA BIN LADEN wasn't totally good news for OPRAH WINFREY. Oprah had taped an interview with PRESIDENT OBAMA and first Lady Michelle last week that was due to air Monday. Of course, the subject of Osama bin Laden never came up and Oprah looked kind of silly for not asking about the biggest news story in the world. Silly or not, Oprah decided to air the interview, but viewers did notice that the words 'previously recorded' popped up on the screen numerous times during the show.
ABC is denying rumors that they've decided to cancel BROTHERS & SISTERS. The latest round of rumors started when RACHEL GRIFFITHS was on an Australian awards show and hinted that she may be unemployed soon. However, ABC says "no decision has been made," which means they also haven't decided to renew it either.
- STEVEN TYLER will premiere the music video for his debut solo single, (It) Feels So Good, on the May 12th episode of American Idol. Aerosmith will also perform on the season finale.
- THE NEW EDITION announced that they're reuniting for their 30th anniversary. The fun begins with an appearance at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans on July 3rd with a world tour to follow.
- SHANIA TWAIN'S autobiography, From This Moment On, was released yesterday. It covers her poverty-stricken childhood, the death of her parents, her ex-husband leaving her for her best friend and the physical and emotional abuse she received from her mother's husband.
- Jay Leno: Kate Hudson; Chris Hemsworth; Sergio Mendes and Siedah Garrett
- David Letterman: Reality TV star Rick Harrison; Betty White does the Top Ten
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kenneth Branagh; actress Ellie Kemper; 2011 National School Scrabble champions
- Conan: Eva Mendes; wine expert Dan Dunn; the Belle Brigade performs
- George Lopez: TV show host Mike Rowe; Paul Walker; Julius Sharpe performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Alec Baldwin; actress Maggie Q; comic Louis Katz
- Craig Ferguson: Filmmaker John Waters; actress Pauley Perrette
- Carson Daly: Author Sarah Vowell; Goldheart Assembly performs
Francisco Liriano of the Minnesota Twins threw the first no-hitter of the season, blanking the Chicago White Sox 1-0. It was the fifth no-hitter in Twins history.
Osama bin Laden approached the Air France ticket counter at JFK Airport on Monday and said he had a bomb in his bag. This bin Laden was actually Yonkers, New York's 61-year-old Christian Boncorps and in his drunken state he thought this would be funny. Not thinking it was funny were the Port Authority cops, who were especially tweaked that it took Air France 40 minutes to call them and they arrived just in time to find Boncorps putting his shoes back on in the security line.
2001: Actor Robert Blake's wife was shot to death in Los Angeles.
singer Lance Bass 32