10 Questions with ... Jennifer Mouttet
January 30, 2012
1. What was your first job in the industry?
I interned as Sales Coordinator at Starsong Records. Try to refrain from thinking about how long ago that must have been.
2. What made you get involved in Christian music?
I went to Belmont University and majored in Music Business. THEN I got the chance of a lifetime when Tooth & Nail Records hired me as an independent promoter.
3. What projects are you working right now?
The new single from Kutless' "Carry Me to the Cross," Francesca Battestelli's "Angel By Your Side," Adam Cappa's "The Rescue," the latest Hyland and a new band called Tidewater.
4. And what artists or projects that you are NOT working are you excited about?
Royal Tailor "Make a Move" is my favorite. I think Dara MacLean's music is so great because it's fun and doesn't sound like everything else.
5. What is your favorite part of your job?
I love talking about music and life with all of my radio friends.
6. What does Christian radio need to do to break through to a mass audience?
Christian music is typically pretty emotionally heavy. Don't get me wrong. This broken world deals out some major pain and Christ is the answer, BUT sometimes you just need something you can dance to - if you're into that kind of thing. [wink]
7. Who inspires you personally, professionally and/or spiritually?
I am inspired by the other moms that I've met because we've all found ourselves raising a child with Down Syndrome. They're so courageous and they know that being the smartest, strongest and most beautiful isn't the most important thing after all.
Professionally - don't judge me but Kris Jenner must be a total genius for making those Kardashians famous for nothing.
Spiritually, I'd have to go with Henri Nouwen or maybe Jonathan Acuff.
8. Fill in the blank. I can't start the day without:
My BIG mug of Starbucks coffee with Italian Sweet Creme creamer
9. If you could imagine having any other job outside the music industry, what would it be and why?
It would be fun and totally awesome to work for the Denver Broncos organization, maybe in media relations.
10. And what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I ride and show hunter/jumper horses. I love vegetable gardening and spending time in the mountains with my family.
1. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you and why?
Hmmm. My practical side tells me a lighter, tent and sleeping bag. But I'm going to have to go with a picture of my kids, the Anne of Green Gables book series and a 10 pound tub of Kiehls lip balm because the chapped lips would drive me crazy.
2. For someone visiting your city, what one thing would you say they "must see?"
Red Rocks Amphitheater is one of the most beautiful concert venues in the world.