10 Questions with ... Tauren Wells
October 21, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- Tauren Wells - lead vocals
- DJ Cox - guitar, backing vocals
- Blake Hubbard - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Jarrod Ingram - drums
- 2011 Black & White Essential
- 2013 Royal Tailor Essential
1. Brief history....birthplace, childhood, schools, jobs, current hometown
We are from all over the place! Virginia, Michigan, and Illinois but we have many 2nd and 3rd...and 4th hometowns! I live in Houston, TX now where the days are hot and cowboys are real.
2. What does a normal day at home look like for you?
It's pretty boring but I wake up when my wife lays my son Kanaan next to me in bed, which is the best way to wake up! I also volunteer at my church when I'm home doing graphic design and other creative work. I read through my YouVersion reading plan for the day, eat, do the normal errands, shower and relax when I can. (Not in the order really, but you get the picture.)
3. What's the song that you just can't get out of your head right now?
"Roar" - We just put out a cover of that! It is so catchy and just a fun, pop melody with no degrading agendas.
4. How do you juggle life on the road with wanting to be home?
Facetime is AMAZING! The big thing for us is 'when you're home you're home.' I try to be intentional about being fully in the moment and fully engage with my new little and amazing family.
5. What's the biggest "God moment" that you've ever experienced, personal or professional?
I have two that I'll mention. When my wife and I first got married we found out that her Dad had been diagnosed with leukemia. That was a crazy valley to walk through as newlyweds. After battling with it for several agonizing months, and by much prayer, my Father-in-Law was miraculously healed! The other was just a few days ago while holding my 5-month-old son before we put him down for the night. Holding him I had this overwhelming awareness of the intensity of my love for him. My next thought was that God feels the same about me. That idea and truth totally shakes me. Oh how he loves us!
6. What's the last book you read?
"Trading Up" - It's about shifting the context of your thinking to do greater things in the world you live in. Something that actually coincides with our new album ("Royal Tailor", releases October 22).
7. Tell me about how you became a believer. What caused you to want to serve God in full time ministry?
We all came from a church background and all of us started playing music there. But there came a point where we made our own choice to serve God. Then, there came the decision to serve Him in the form of our talents He blessed us with.
8. Take me thru a couple songs on your latest project "Royal Tailor". What's the "story behind the song"?
"Remain" is our current single and have already heard amazing stories of how it has touched lives. The song talks about the way love in this world can be taken away from us at any moment, but God's love will always REMAIN.
"Ready Set Go" It's a call to action of the world we live in. It's for hurting people waiting to be saved to stirring up people to go out and make a difference in the world around them! It's up to us to GO.
9. If you could go back and change three events/decisions in your life, what would they be, and why?
We honestly would not change anything because what we have been through has made us who we are!
10. Person you'd most like to have a discussion with, living or dead.....Deities are excused from this question.
Would love to meet David (from the Bible) and hear his take on overcoming fear and what it was like to trust God to defeat the fiercest of enemies.
1. Favorite Bible verse....life verse. Why?
One of our favorite Bible verses is Jeremiah 29:11. It reminds us that God has plans for us to succeed and not to fail!
2. What artist or pastor has had the greatest impact on you, and why?
We are on tour with Newsong right now and it has been awesome getting to know them and them pouring wisdom and encouragement into us. We would also have to thank hometown pastors from growing up. They had a great impact on us growing up.