10 Questions with ... Decyfer Down
March 21, 2016
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- TJ Harris Lead Vocals, Bass Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals
- Christopher Clonts Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals
- Brandon Mills Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Backing vocals, Synth
- Benjamin Millhouse Drums, Percussion
- Chris Furr Bass Guitar
- 2005 Decyfer
- 2006 End of Grey
- 2009 Crash
- 2013 Scarecrow
- 2016 The Other Side Of Darkness
1. Birthplace, childhood, schools, jobs, current hometown?
Born in Morehead City NC, and have worked for Decyfer Down and Fallen Sparrow Studios
2. What does a normal day at home look like for you?
Up with the wife & kids early in the morning. Coffee with the wife, get kids going on school and a little work in the afternoon. Try to catch a surf if I'm lucky. Have dinner with the fam. Repeat!
3. What's the song that you just can't get out of your head right now?
After All by Children 18:3. I'm on tour with them right now and hear it every night!
4. How much do you travel? How do you juggle life on the road with wanting to be home?
Too much. As far as juggling, when I'm home it's all about quality time versus quantity of time. Just try to make the most of any time I have at home.
5. What Artist or Pastor has had the greatest impact on you?
Pastor Terry - When my dad died (when I was 11 years old) he pretty much was like a dad to me. He helped me through that situation.
6. What's the last book you read?
The Shack. I can't remember a lot about it to be honest. I just remember that I read it quickly and was really in to it at the time. I think I even cried at some point.
7. Funniest or most embarrassing moment on the road?
I took a pretty big spill on stage at Christmas Rock Night in Germany. It was pretty embarrassing, but funny at the same time. I took a bow after the song was over, and the crowd went nuts.
8. What's the story behind the song "Nothing More" from your latest project, "The Other Side Of Darkness?"
We all have toxins and struggles that we deal with every single day, whether it's a bad relationship or some sort of thing in our lives that is weighing us down and hindering our relationship with God and His ultimate plan for our life. We want nothing more than to sever toxic ties and to move forward with God.
People seem to really enjoy the song. We just started playing it live and have gotten a lot of good feedback from it. It seems like every time we announce that it is the next song people get excited.
9. Person you'd most like to have a discussion with, living or dead.....Deities are excused from this question
I'd probably have to say my dad.
10. Favorite Bible Verse....life verse?
2 Corinthians 5:17 - It talks about the old has become new (becoming a new creation in Christ) and I feel like it is very relevant for me
1. How & When did you become a believer?
I was going through a lot as a teenager (19 years old) and was actually in a rehab facility for drugs, and that is ultimately where I gave my heart to the Lord.
2. What's the biggest "God moment" you've ever experienced? Personally or professionally, when has God shown up in a powerful way?
It's hard to choose the "biggest," but at the moment, being on this tour that we are on, and seeing kids accept Christ every night is pretty amazing.