10 Questions with ... Mariah McManus
October 3, 2016
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- 2015 MSC (Live From L.A.)
- 2016 Glory & Wonder
I was born in Dallas and moved to LA one month later, so I'm a total California girl. Half of my schooling was homeschooling, taught by my mom. I am the Worship Pastor of Mosaic in Los Angeles, CA, and I'll live in this city forever!
2. What does a normal day at home look like for you?
My days are never the same. Some days I'm in the Mosaic offices, some days I'm out for meetings, etc. It's pretty impossible to keep a strict schedule when your job revolves around people. When I'm traveling with Mosaic MSC or on my own, everything's different!
3. What's the song that you just can't get out of your head right now?
I'm obsessed with Ariana Grande's Into You because it feels so disco and it's amazing. I'm also loving the new Jarryd James song How Do We Make It. The lyrics just kill me - they are so real and honest.
4. How much do you travel, what are the challenges? How do you juggle life on the road with wanting to be home?
I travel all the time. I travel a lot with my dad (Erwin McManus) when he speaks around the world, and I've been traveling a lot with MSC playing conferences. We have a lot of exciting things coming up this year and next that we will be on the road for. Also my husband & his band (LANY) are killing it right now so I try to go see him when he's on tour...but only the cool places.
5. What Artist or Pastor has had the greatest impact on you?
Erwin McManus is my #1. There is truly no one like him. He leads our church, MOSAIC, fearlessly and he has such a beautifully creative and artistic mind.
6. What's the last book you read?
The last book I read was Creativity, Inc. It's about the creation & structural composition of Pixar. It's also about leadership and team building. It's incredibly interesting and if you are leading a team of any kind, it's really inspiring.
7. Funniest or most embarrassing moment on the road?
I haven't had one yet, but I'm sure it's coming. I'll keep you posted!
8. Take us through a couple songs on your latest project.
The title of Mosaic MSC's sophomore album is Glory & Wonder. We wrote the songs to represent our church, Mosaic, and our sound is very unique to our city and our tribe. We've been so excited to see people from all over the world respond to the record so strongly - it's always incredible to watch the words and the music we wrote move other people closer to Jesus.
9. What organization/service group are you affiliated with? (world vision, compassion, Hope International, etc).
---We are only affiliated with Mosaic---
10. Person you'd most like to have a discussion with, living or dead...Deities are excused from this question.
Tony Robbins. The Netflix special 'Tony Robbins- I Am Not Your Guru' is the craziest thing I've ever seen. I definitely had mixed feelings about some of it but I think it's amazing that Robbins spends his life trying to change people's lives and free them from their strongholds. #goals.