10 Questions with ... Karen Goodner
June 17, 2012
1) Well by the time people read this you will have started your new chapter at Girlilla Marketing, what will you be doing there?
I will be an Account Manager for Girlilla Marketing and I imagine I will be learning a lot first! I will be helping a lot with client projects including working on websites, email databases and all kinds of social media.
2) Let's talk about your time at All Access for a second, when did you start there, how long were you on board etc.?
I started at All Access in September 2009 as Editorial Assistant and then after the wonderful Mary Lynne O'Neal took her job at Cold River Records, I stepped up into the Assistant Editor position last year. So that makes three great trips to Malibu to the company holiday party for me and almost three years on staff here.
3) Since you joined All Access, the business, technology, continue to change. Do you think it's hard to keep up sometimes?
I think it is hard sometimes but that's also what keeps it interesting. There is always something new, that's for sure! And Joel Denver is probably the first one to know about it in my experience!
4) Girlilla refers to itself as a 'strategic digital marketing agency.' In a nutshell what do they do?
Well this goes well with your last question because what they do is always changing with client needs and what the latest new media outlooks available are. But in a nutshell- they provide pretty much any service in the digital marketing world a client might need- maintaining and marketing clients' websites and social networks, partnering with blogs and other editorial partners, content development, growing and expanding clients' email and mobile databases.
5) Who will some of your clients be?
Girlilla has some great clients like Zac Brown Band, Sugarland, Scotty McCreery, Lionel Richie, Jack Daniels, Nickelback, Evanescence and Colt Ford.
6) Jennie Smythe created the company, and created quite a niche' in the marketplace- will you be helping to create campaigns for artists?
Yeah it's very nice to know that I'm going to work for such a respected company. Everyone has had great things to say about Jennie and the Girlilla team when I tell them where I am headed. And yes definitely I will be helping create campaigns.
7) Will you travel in this new job?
Most of my time will be spent in Nashville but I think there will definitely be some travel to meet with clients in my future.
8) Do you guys deal exclusively with music clients or do you also cater to business outside of music?
Yes, they have clients outside of artists as well and that's something that I am sure will only grow. Girlilla works with companies like Jack Daniels, Carhartt, RAM Trucks and Green Apple Restaurant Group currently.
9) What do you still miss most about your home state of Missouri?
I still have a lot of family and friends in Missouri so I miss them the most. I try to make everyone visit Nashville a lot though. Other than the people, I miss my favorite Cajun restaurant Jazz and BBQ at Oklahoma Joes!
10) Will this new job cut into your running schedule? Also, your former boss Jim Asker says you have 'dinners' booked 4 out of 5 weekdays-what about your social schedule?
I have a feeling there will be less running talk around the office than at All Access but I will try to stick with it! As far as dinners, a girl has gotta eat (and go to happy hour sometimes)!
1) How many Diet Cokes do you drink a day
Usually two. Breakfast of champions.
2) Will you microwave Indian food at your new job?
It only happened once in three years here! But apparently your co-workers never get over it so I'm gonna go with no on that one. :)
3) Does Jennie drink Starbucks, because if you're running out getting her drinks, we're gonna be pissed.
I'm not sure about that. Starbucks needs to start selling Diet Coke though.