CPR Promotional Check-Up - Sep 21, 2011
September 21, 2011
Your Morning Phone Juice
Wanna get rabid and angry listeners lined up to sound off on a topic as they did in Albany on Fly 92, try “loungerie”: lingerie for 4 to 12 year-olds.
http://www.wcti12.com/news/28905818/detail.html The key is to spike in a call from a male listener who actually thinks it’s kind of sexy. (If the people of Albany knew I was “Rick”, I would be tracked down and beaten to a bloody death)
We all do them and most of the time it’s pretty boring. Chrissy Cavotta (one of the better “names” for Radio) has her dog Keiko pick horses based on what socks he retrieves and chews on. And she and Brian make bets at Saratoga using the dogs picks. EASILY done for football. Ask nicely and agree to an emailed sales pitch from me, and I’ll send you the promo. email@example.com
Great Moments In Concert Photography & Ownership
It’s nice to see a station that puts genuine effort into good quality concert photos. KSON in San Diego had Miranda Lambert the other night http://www.kson.com/PhotoPages/Photos.aspx?AlbumID=118683 and the night before hosted Dierks Bentley on the field following a Padres game. They did “Every Fan Counts” and handed out thousands of fans to people arriving and they were on the jumbotron on and off most of the game. http://www.kson.com/PhotoPages/Photos.aspx?AlbumID=118682
Amanda Allwood from Play 98.7 in Tampa found a company that makes really cool “sets” and staging for parties and she had them create a Candyland for photos at their Katy Perry show. Lindsay Wright with Y-98 in St. Louis is the latest person to make the most of this cool set up:
Here is a list of everything we did to not just make a splash, but send a Y98 Tidal Wave through the crowds!!
- Live broadcast before the show at the venue
- Set up not only outside the main entrance of the venue, but across the street in the city park
- Flash mob that was planned to start right as doors open, so the hundreds waiting to get in could watch
- Ticket upgrades onsite, a text upgrade and our favorite “Perry’d Treasure” (pick out of our treasure chest, the one who finds the winning candy, gets upgrade)...sponsored by Mentos, who provided us over 20,000 Mento’s candy’s to use and paid the station $$ to be there!
- Katy’s Candyland set-up onsite for pictures (a 9 ft. tall ginger bread house, complete with glitter, gumdrops, and candy trees)
- Banners, banners, and more banners
Check out our pics: http://y98.radio.com/2011/08/20/y98-katy-perry-fans-at-scottrade-were-you-there/#photo-1
Flash mob pics: http://y98.radio.com/2011/08/20/photos-katy-perry-surprise-flash-mob/#photo-1
Here is a little line from a note from Jeff Kapugi about our onsite:
“I had numerous record company reps from various labels congratulate us on weaving our way into the fabric of an amazing show and week for St. Louis. Even a former Y98 PD said ‘way to own the show’ as we waited to go backstage on the plaza with a line of 200 people at our tent vying to win front row tickets to the show.”