CPR Promotional Check-Up - Feb 20, 2012
February 20, 2012
Off The Grid
One of the Marketing Directors reached out to me. He's got a station that sponsors MAYBE the biggest summer music event in town. They're trying to continually add new sponsors and elements that won't require staffing because they're always stretched thin.
What if one of the AE's could find a solar client who could set up an array of panels so that the broadcast portion of whatever Jam, Bash or other signature event you do every summer, was completely green? THAT would be something you could tout and is a nice hook to the way you promote it.
1st Quarter seems to be the time that these requests come out of the woodwork.
- People are trying to be more healthy and do other things to avoid seeing their doctor (ie: spending money) so what if you did a Health Fair at one of these facilities. BP tests. Heart checks. All the basics. Multiple client potential on this.
- What if you did a thing on the website where you helped people find compatible (schedule, location) workout buddies. This isn't a singles thing. This is helping listeners meet someone who will keep them on the program and encourage them and maybe become friends with. Having one of the announcers create a little team of W.O.B.'s to get fit with would be cool and great bonding with the listeners.
- "Healthy Hour". A workout time for people who are leaving work. They donate the money that would have spent on drinks to an applicable charity.
- The MS Society in the Twin Cities used to do an Aerobithon as a fundraiser. Several hundred people in a gym dancing and sweating. Mancow's first-ever appearance in SFO was at something like this in Half Moon Bay.
- Retro-lutions. For people who broke their New Years Eve promise and want another shot. Remote with a price break for people who come and sign up.
- ThighPod. A downloadable workout mix for the website, with client spots inserted.
- At-Workout. A feature on the website with exercises and activities that the cubical dwellers can do to stay fit between 9 and 5.
- St. Fattys Day. All March 17th, people can sign up and purchase discounted memberships, anonymously, through your website.