CPR Promotional Check-Up - May 1, 2012
May 1, 2012
Single Mothers Day
There are a few universals in Promotions:
- Hang something from a crane and people will notice.
- Most of your listeners will never, ever in their life ride in a limo.
- Doing anything that gets people out of the workplace and socializing with their coworkers is inevitably big.
- More people like pizza then don't like pizza
- More people enjoy going to movies then don't enjoy going to movies.
- Put your logo upside down and people will notice it more then when it's upright.
- Most people will never get a hit on Google
- And single mothers are the hardest working segment of our populace.
KSFM in Sacramento was the station that had the morning show live the lifestyle and get part-time "holiday jobs", donating their salaries from waiting tables and making pizza and selling perfume at Macys, to charity.
What if, for Mothers Day, the jocks take the place of single moms who couldn't get out of work, so they can spend time with their kids.
Obviously in fields that don't include air traffic control or welding.
This could have been an Oprah bit.
Back Pack 2 School
One last thing thought to noodle on over the weekend. I spent a chunk of the midday with a Marketing Director hammering out NTR and Sales packages that the AE's can hit the streets with.
One of the things we were looking at was Back To School. There seems to be a School Supply Drive now in just about every market. 102 Jamz in Orlando was the first to do one and really, no one has ever matched their success. For most stations, it's a PSA campaign.
In today's vibrant economy, everyone is shopping for deals. As witnessed by all the stations that have the "half off" stuff on their websites. An OM to remain nameless put it best when it comes to the success of those things:
"Stations that have good deals for needed products and services do great. Stations that use it as a dumping ground for bad clients who need a promotion, don't."
Back To School is a BIG financial hit on families. So what if you did "Back Pack To School". For a reasonable price, through the station website you could purchase a logoed-like-a-NASCAR back pack. Filled with?
- Snacks like individual packs of raisins or juice boxes.
- Certificates for clothes and shoes
- Supplies like paper, pens, Crayons and a calculator.
- A day at a spa for mom
- Maybe a free pizza for the first day of school dinner
- A reusable nylon lunch bag logoed and perhaps a coupon in-itself, by a client.
- Cell phone minutes
- Hair cuts
Honestly? There are probably twenty other clients you could get in there. And make sure that you make a cash donation for every backpack sold, to a school lunch program.
Other Back To School stuff? Last year Hot in Ottawa did a sales promotion called Back To School Botox. And by by by FAR the best BTS event is "Last Student Standing" at Fly in Albany. It's the Lalapalooza of BTS events. And they make serious money off it.