CPR Promotional Check-Up - Sep 6, 2012
September 6, 2012
Grab Your Cans
A station-to-remain-nameless is joining the burgeoning Pick Your Purse crowd for the Fall Book. They're going to follow this up with a gas give away. You can't NOT follow purse picking with can grabbing. And with gas prices still in the stratosphere, it would be a nice way to START the book. With some kind of ridiculous station takeover. Or you can do what 'XTU did in Philly last Fall. They had a concert at the Tweeter Center and gave out 10,000 logoed keychain necklaces. If the station spotted you inside wearing one, you got $100 in gas and got upgraded to the front row. One listener got $1000 in gas.
The Dreaded Morning Show-On-Vacation Week
If I had my way, the lazy, over-paid, good-for-nothings would get NOTHING. And LIKE IT. But, on a semi-regular basis, you need to let them free to rehabilitate and detoxify their systems. Here is some imaging that I wrote for The Morning Hot Tub at Hot 89.9 in Ottawa. File away for the next time the morning show scatters.
- The regularly scheduled program, The Morning Hot Tub featuring Mauler, Laura, Rush and Josie has been pre-empted to bring you a special Spanish language rebroadcast of the exciting 1978 World Cricket semi-finals of Peru vs. Indonesia. The Morning Hot Tub will return at it's regular time, next Monday. Thank you.
- Today's Morning Hot Tub is a special guest hosted episode, with the parts of Mauler, Laura, Rush and Josie being played by various food items we bought on clearance at (budget grocery chain). Honestly? We do it all the time and no one seems to notice.
- The Morning Hot Tub is on vacation and will return next Monday at their regularly scheduled time. Vacation? Those people? There's some irony for you. Sorry. I digress. Please enjoy whatever budget programming has been chosen as a substitute.
- The Morning Hot Tub featuring Mauler, Josie, Rush and Laura are on vacation and in other parts of Canada, stealing bits from other morning shows to bring back and, oh, uh, they're using this time off to refresh their creative juices and prepare some of the best and most original morning programming found anywhere. That's our story and we're sticking to it.
- The Morning Hot Tub is off this week. They wanted to take a vacation and the boss said "Take as much time as you like. I could get four monkeys in here and they could probably do your job better then you do and for a helluva lot less money." And so far, he's right.
- The Morning Hot Tub will not be in this week. Their dog ate their show.
- The Morning Hot Tub featuring Mauler, Josie, Rush and Laura are on Summer hiatus as they prepare for another season of drama, car chases, cliffhangers, tabboo love, illicit romance, unfulfilled dreams and a special appearance by Mayim Byalik as the Bosses Niece! The fun starts this coming Monday at 6 am.
- The Morning Hot Tub has taken this week off as they wrestle with the decades-old questions: what's bothering the Beaver? The answer to that and more zany hilarity this coming Monday as they return with a new season on Hot 89.9.