CPR Promotional Check-Up - Dec 3, 2012
December 3, 2012
The Biggest Toy Drive Of This Or Any Year
It kicked off last week in Las Vegas with Chet Buchanan up on a scaffold for the 14th year. Unless you collected 700,000 toys last year, than Chet still holds the title. http://kluc.cbslocal.com/chet-buchanan-the-morning-zoo-toy-drive
Stuff The Bus
Most stations that do these kinds of things do them every year, year-after-year, so you really need to tweak it and add a new element every December. Like Chet does with the scaffold in Vegas. To that end; here are some suggestions:
- We're doing "Stuff The Bust" at one of the stations. People stop by and fill an interns top with crumpled bills. (Hey, if you're going to have hot street teamers, you may as well make the most of them)
- Is the announcers' mom available to call every night and read a bedtime story at 10 pm?
- When Mark S. Allen used to do his MDA stunts at KSFM, they always padded the take with t-shirt sales; "I Helped Get Mark S. Allen Off The Desert Island". Stuff like that. What if you sold the op to spend the night on the bus with the jock and the listeners get "I Slept With (DJ) From (station)...And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt" shirts. The station in Cedar Rapids sold $83,000 in shirts for flood relief.
- On nights that you don't have a paid club gig, you should do Club Bus and turn the parking lot into a club.
- The Rock station here did the bus campaign in the early 90's and they moved it for a couple of nights to Vikings games and a U2 concert. If there ARE going to be 15,000 people all going somewhere, it'd be great visibility. Most stations that do this will lock in at one location, or move once in the middle. That's fine...but again...you don't want to miss a buttload of people.
- Can you get a rear project screen and do movies every night in the parking lot?
- Think like a car dealer: get a BIG helium balloon, tethered, with a hanging, weighted, vertical, "Stuff The Bus With (DJ) From (Station)!!!" hanging under it.
- KLUC used the sign spinners last year on nearby corners. THAT was pretty damn cool.
- B-95 in Fresno had all the local TV anchors come out and act out "A Christmas Carole" on the air, with each reading a part.
- We always try to acknowledge people who have stopped by and donated. Can you compile a list and have it scrolling on the website?