CPR Promotional Check-Up - Mar 6, 2013
March 6, 2013
Lose Your Hair For A Pair
Waxing is and will always be, funny. So 'VOO in Tulsa brought some dudes in, spun a wheel, it landed on "chest" and they proceeded to get their chests waxed for Taylor Swift tickets.
The Naked Wedding
At Morning Show Bootcamp in 2004, we did a brainstorming session on how to go beyond just normal mass marriages for Valentines. One idea was a naked wedding, which one of the Aussie morning shows promptly went and did. Paul Kaye, now warmly ensconced at AMP in Calgary, did it in 2011 at BRMB in Birmingham England.
- There was nothing "shown" that you honestly wouldn't see on TBS on a Friday night. They were "strategically covered".
- The value of the wedding package they won was about $40,000 US.
- The digital numbers on this were equal to what Google gets in an hour.
- The female listeners LOVED that Kelly was in their terms "a normal woman". Not some Barbie doll.
- I have imaging.
- A lot of these pics are just travel stuff I shot but you get the idea.
- In a city of a million people, I think there were three people who weren't aware of the promotion.
Road Rage For Backstage
Simple enough: you get five listeners in the studio in the morning. You send them each out with a promo person and a video camera. You put a "Ask Me About My Grandchildren" sticker in the rear window. They have to drive the MINIMUM legal speed. First car to get flipped off, wins the backstage passes.
Car Alarm Olympics
I wrote this on a scrap of paper last month when I was in Los Angeles and a car alarm went off outside my window at 4:30 am and wouldn't go off. This is actually an old, tested bit. But it's simple; you take a winner to a mall and they have thirty seconds to run through the parking lot, pounding on car hoods. You win $10 for each alarm that goes off. Audio is outstanding.